Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turns out the pitbull spools are much smaller than the ones I had on my last bike and when I went to put the bike on the rear stand (in low light) the stand slipped and over the bike went. My brand new panigale 馃様. Fortunately my other bike next to it kept it from hitting the ground. Unfortunately my other bike now has a nasty scratch on the front fender where it caught it. Any better tricks besides a sharpie to fixing this?

Attachments

Registered
Metallic nail polish is my touch up secret weapon for just about anything. There's always a shade available that will come close.
Dirt cheap too.

Reactions: dougo1199

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Metallic nail polish is my touch up secret weapon for just about anything. There's always a shade available that will come close.
Dirt cheap too.
You know I just found a left over touch up clear coat pen from my other bike which happens to be metallic thunder gray. So far it's looking better than the sharpie but I still know it's there. It'll do for now, thanks.

Registered
@EazyE - the problem is you'll Always know it's there...
Why not visit your local auto repair shop that knows how to paint expensive cars, and have them make some touch-up paint for you

Registered
My old motorcycle had scratches on the swingarm and I touched it up using Rust-Oleum Automotive Enamel Matte Black. It dried to a finish pretty close to the OEM finish. You can notice if you're close and looking for it, but it was easy and cheap. I sprayed the enamel on some cardboard then used a q-tip to apply the enamel only to the scratches.

Registered
When I bought my 959 it had a small ding/dent in the swing arm. I found a perfectly good one on Ebay for $100 shipped. So it won't cost much just to put a new one on if you want. FYI the 899 & 959 share the same swing arm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts