Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a question sorry if it's weird in advance. Basically I changed my screen from oem to a oversized ducats corse screen problem is it is smoke tint but not dark enough. The only one I can find that is darker is by Puig. Want feedback from everyone just to help me decide. Shall I stick with the ducati oversize screen or should I go darker and go with a Puig screen. Which is a better one for the Ducati? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
+1 on the dark tint.

I prefer the Puig brand myself.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
... Shall I stick with the ducati oversize screen or should I go darker and go with a Puig screen. Which is a better one for the Ducati? Thanks
Which one is better depends entirely on your taste - which one do you like better??? Quality between the two is probably the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I've not used the DP windscreen, but there is a significant difference between Puig and Zero Gravity. The Puig is considerably more robust, and has a different shape / cut to it compared to the ZG. (see pics)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Reactions: DarR

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
A darker screen cuts through the sun rays thus it offers more top end speed. :nerd:

Plus they look cool....:grin2:

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys thanks for your replies I decided to stick with the ducati performance oversized screen with the slight tint main reason is I wanted to keep with the ducati brand and secondly as most people do go real dark I decided to do the opposite and keep it a bit different plus the light tint now has grown on me... see pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Good point! To each there own!! Trying to be better at thinking that my preferences matter to any one else ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No harm, no foul Karl, it's a beauty is in the eyes of the beholder kind of thing I suppose.

I've seen some guys do what I thought was some pretty atrocious things to their bikes over the years but if they're happy, who am I to argue? :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Personally not a fan of the look, or the obstruction of vision with the dark screens, but that's why we have choices, right?!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Guys thanks for your replies I decided to stick with the ducati performance oversized screen with the slight tint main reason is I wanted to keep with the ducati brand and secondly as most people do go real dark I decided to do the opposite and keep it a bit different plus the light tint now has grown on me... see pic
@9594life
You can't say we don't have opinions and a sense of humor on this forum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Could you please measure the height of your DP windscreen?

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Could you please measure the height of your DP windscreen?
Hi Rac sorry for late reply it's roughly 4inchs pls see two pics[/QUOTE]
No worries. Thanks, mate. Good for reference. I’m contemplating a taller screen so this is good info.

I wonder which is taller, the DP or Zero Gravity Corse?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No worries. Thanks, mate. Good for reference. I’m contemplating a taller screen so this is good info.
I wonder which is taller, the DP or Zero Gravity Corse?[/QUOTE]

Not sure but this screen is slightly darker than how it came out in the pic.. I have grown to like it a lot as my last screen in the gixxer was totally black and was a zero gravity... I like the fact that it still has a ducati performance part in this bike....

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
My guess is the Puig and DP are taller than the ZG (double-bubble)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts