Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride and decided to see how loud the wind gets on the sena 10c at higher speeds. I wasn't paying much attention to my speed until reviewing the video. Turns out That the wind is overwhelming.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am considering getting one for GPS directions, music and surveillance (just recording the rides, not too concerned with the sound) you think this is a good option for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would be pretty good for just what you want. Might depend on the helmet you have though. I have a shoie RF1200 and it works well for me. If you have lots of wind noise in your helmet it might be hard to hear the directions at high speeds which would be counterproductive I guess if you don't know directions. I'm very satisfied in it for what it does. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a Sena 20S. I use a Bell Star Carbon, which is very noisy helmet at anything above 80kph. I normally have to use ear plugs. Due to this, even at full volume it is too quite.
The bell is one of the lightest and most vented helmets (which is perfect for my locations 30degC + riding temps) but comes at expense of not being quite.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I also have a RF1200 and a Sena 10C. Which mic are you using and where are you mounting it? Also are you using the chin curtain?

I'm using the one circled in the attached photo. I'm mounting it on the inside of the helmet, directly where your mouth is, and I have a lot less wind coming through though. Honestly, my 120 MPH sounds like your 50 MPH.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts