Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this headset with this helmet?

I'm curious to know if the speakers will fit in the helmet. I heard there are issues with fitting the speakers in there on the RF-1200, but can't seem to find any notes for the X-Fourteen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah I have both. The speakers don't fit directly in the cutout. You put down the Velcro circle sticker and the thin cookie pad on it. Then attach the speaker to the cookie pad.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Just ordered from RevZilla. Will be here on Thursday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cool. Let me know if I can help at all.

Wrap the earmuff cover over the speaker and pull it so the edges attaches to the Velcro on the back of it. Then drop the back of the speaker onto the cookie to hold it in place. You the. Attach the back side of the cookie to the Velcro pad stuck to the speaker holes in the helmet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. Let me know if I can help at all.

Wrap the earmuff cover over the speaker and pull it so the edges attaches to the Velcro on the back of it. Then drop the back of the speaker onto the cookie to hold it in place. You the. Attach the back side of the cookie to the Velcro pad stuck to the speaker holes in the helmet.
Thanks! Any tips are appreciated. It sucks that it doesn't fit better with such a premium helmet and device. But I guess you can't win them all with so many options there. Will post here when it's all done, or if I need some help. Thanks again!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you end up using the external Sena mount?

The location where I mounted it, prevents the cheek pad from compressing, so every time I remove my helmet it HURTS LIKE A MOTHER ******. To the point where I need to go have my ear drained because it is swollen red (like a UFC fighters ear).

Here is what I'm talking about.
https://youtu.be/uxOdmVpgDtc

If you notice the first (right) side compresses all the way to the wall of the helmet, the other (left) barely compresses at all, and my ear gets ****** up by the Sena every damned time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have this setup and yes the speakers don't fit well.
I also found I can't hear anything even with the volume on full. I invested in molded earplugs with speakers and this works fantastic. I've heard other people say you have to put some padding over the speakers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have this setup and yes the speakers don't fit well.
I also found I can't hear anything even with the volume on full. I invested in molded earplugs with speakers and this works fantastic. I've heard other people say you have to put some padding over the speakers.
The speakers don't fit at all, but I fixed that by taking a dremel tool and shaving down the area where the cable routes from the hole. Just taking off a few millimeters allows the speakers to sit flush inside the helmet. I then used the foam pads that came with the unit to cover the speakers.

To fix the problem from my video, I ended up moving the unit forward about an inch and pushing the mount a full inch more into the helmet. I don't know why I didn't do this the first time I put it on. I was probably afraid of damaging the helmet.

Now it feels better, but my ear is still pretty sore, so I can't tell for sure if it is 100% fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, you have to get it all the way up on the helmet. Also it will take up some side room. On previous helmets I've gotten a size thinner on the cheekpads to help....but if the helmet is barnd new it will break in some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts