Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Servo delete questions

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RRacer 
#1 ·
Hi folks!

just a quick one- i’ve just come across the healtech servo elim on eBay and have seen a few vids showing the benefits and I’m very interested in giving it a go.
I cant afford a hundreds to a grand + to spend on pipes etc at the mo so im doing what I can for the least money- and seeing if it does much, being a gyppo ;)

also interested in how much it clears ip the fuelling without having to re-map (which I will do eventually) but town-speeds on this thing are near impossible (uk model) as the throttle is unbearably snatchy at low RPM’s, and chuggy as f*ck below 5k - it seems something happens at 5k which opens up and legs the engine breathe a little better- you can hear it open so I assume something emissions-y controlled by the ECU around that RPM.

Anyway, long story short- in order to run the servobuddy do I need to physically remove the servo motor from the bike? If so, is this an overly difficult task? If anything with this Duc its form over function when it comes to assembly of items.
Ta!
John

#2 ·
You can leave the motor in there if you like, but why would you?
It's at least a kilo of dead weight, and the removal is only a few screws.
Easy enough to put back in if you ever need to.
Take it out and put it in your box with other unnecessary bits removed from the bike. We all have one of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.