Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Servo eliminator innards?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RRacer 
#1 ·
I'm going to need a servo eliminator shortly, and I find them curiously expensive.
I don't mind paying that if there's some magic going on, but I'm pretty sure they're only a connector and a resistor.

Anyone know what's actually inside them?

This post has been deleted
#3 ·
Hello,

My name is Frank CEO & owner of SLR-Tuning, We specialize in tuning the Ducati V2,V4 V4s V4R motorcycles.
Our SLR Up-map Ecu flash deletes the servo exhaust motor & shuts off the exhaust codes for good. We also map the Ecu for all types of aftermarket exhaust systems/air filters.

Regards
Frank,

SLR-Tuning.
Dude, stop spamming with your ads, at least answer the question the guy asked!!

#4 ·
The 959's don't require a servo eliminator. They will store an internal code but it will not light the engine lamp or affect the running of the bike. You can easily test this by unplugging it and going for a ride.

t_bare

#5 ·
It's been a while, I know.

I researched this for a while, and it seems like the servo has a position sensor that the ECU really like to work, otherwise throwing an error.
A simple resistor connected in there won't do it.

I replaced the clunky sidemounted peashooter cans and the collector/cat box under the engine with an Arrow system.
When I started her up, the engine warning light immediately lit up.
I got the servo eliminator plug and all was well again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.