Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Show Us Your Helmets!

73K views 147 replies 76 participants last post by  Nhesto 
#1 ·
Just want to start a dedicated thread for all of us to share pictures of our helmets and any related discussions.

List the Brand and Model

Don't forget to share a picture ;)

#2 ·
Shoei RF-1200 Mystify Red/Black

I bought this helmet the day I picked up the 959. I love this helmet. And I think it looks good with the red 959. I got the photochromatic shield for it also. It's really cool how it darkens as it's exposed to sun and clears back up when there isn't sun. For bright sun you definitely also need sunglasses. But I'm really enjoying it so far:
Shoei CWR-1 Transitions Pinlock-Ready Face Shield - RevZilla

I attached a bunch of pictures of the helmet. I can post some pictures of the shield darkening if people are curious.

Attachments

Reactions: Jeff959 and DarR
#7 · (Edited)
I got the photochromatic shield for it also. It's really cool how it darkens as it's exposed to sun and clears back up when there isn't sun. For bright sun you definitely also need sunglasses. But I'm really enjoying it so far
Good info to know. I was looking for a "transition" Pinlock Lens Insert but it does not seem to be available. That's why I have the outside Pro-Shade on my Corsair. However, I have since tried-on the AGV K5 and it's just as comfortable as my Arai and it has an interior sun shield that's great for street riding. To my surprise, it feels as light or lighter than my Corsair V and looks better also. I can't comment on its sound suppression yet but suspect it will be much quieter than my Corsair.

#4 ·
On the street I use a Suomy SpecR Gambler which I love... For racing CCS I use a Shoei RF, only because I needed a lid with a newer born on date.. The shoei lid IMHO sucks ***... it is loud!! even with ear plugs on.

Attachments

#6 ·
1) Arai Corsair V with new Pro-Shade shield (sticker and all)
2) AGV K-5 MULTI-DEEP BLACK/WHITE/RED (just ordered but not yet received)
3) Bell RS-1 Cataclysm (as a spare)

my other apparels are:
REV'IT! Galactic Mesh/Leather Jacket
Rev It! Gear 2 Mesh-Leather Trousers
Dainese R-TWIN leather jacket (for casual riding with Rev'It jeans and Tony Lama westerns)
Sidi Vertigo boots and Sidi Mythos shoes

959 Arctic White (purchased with delivery in April)
Power Ranger track suit (TBA but looking at Rev'it and AlpineStar)

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
I agree but as Avigil mentioned it's still not the best solution until those photochromatic shields goes from totally clear to very dark. IMHO, if cost is not an issue, it's best to have one helmet for the street which has a built-in dark retractable screen (among other road worthy features) and another helmet for the track. Changing shields can be a PITA and can also be a safety issue if you're caught riding with the wrong shield because you did not carry the opposite shade.

#11 ·
From what I have read so far, photochromatic (transition) shields have mixed reviews. Same goes for AGV's new electrochromatic AGVisor LCD. In all fairness though, this is a great initiative which should improve with each iteration. The most important issue however is the limited helmet brand photochromatic shield availability. Until then, we're stuck with either having a second helmet with built-in sun visor, carry sunglasses or a second shields.

#20 ·
Just got my Shoei RF1200.
Wish I would have done that from the beginning, miles ahead of the AGV Horizon I had in comfort and quality. The AGV fell apart in 4 months, never again.
I would post a pic, but it's a black RF1200.

#24 ·
Thanks! I'm thinking about getting a new set of leather pants and maybe a new pair of boots. But trying to hold off spending too much more cash right now.

I'm loving the bike. It's actually my first full sports bike. The other motorcycle that I still own is a sports touring bike.

But I've got almost 2,000 miles on the bike in spite of living in Seattle where we've had a lot of unrideable days. I've done several 250 mile days with buddies who have various other sports bikes (r1, 1299s, zx6r, etc). I can't wait to get on the track with it. I'll buy instruction there since I've only done one full track day previously and a couple of 20 minute taste of racing sessions. Then I'll be able to start pushing the bike even more. On the road with sometimes wet and sometimes unpredictable conditions in the Seattle area, I haven't gotten too crazy yet. The last thing I want to do is crash...

#32 ·
I was on the phone with a major Bell dealer looking for a different liner for my older RS-1 where the new Stars became the topic du jour. He was not too pleased to wait for inventory either. Making matters worse was the termination of the old Star line before the new one is made available. Bell also removed all legacy helmet parts from their website exacerbating the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.