Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts
I've got a Ducati branded Arai. Pretty happy as its a great match for my bike. =)

Attachments

Thanks! I'm thinking about getting a new set of leather pants and maybe a new pair of boots. But trying to hold off spending too much more cash right now.

I'm loving the bike. It's actually my first full sports bike. The other motorcycle that I still own is a sports touring bike.

But I've got almost 2,000 miles on the bike in spite of living in Seattle where we've had a lot of unrideable days. I've done several 250 mile days with buddies who have various other sports bikes (r1, 1299s, zx6r, etc). I can't wait to get on the track with it. I'll buy instruction there since I've only done one full track day previously and a couple of 20 minute taste of racing sessions. Then I'll be able to start pushing the bike even more. On the road with sometimes wet and sometimes unpredictable conditions in the Seattle area, I haven't gotten too crazy yet. The last thing I want to do is crash...
I live just across the Sound on the Kitsap Peninsula, and there's just not a lot of people I've found who ride sport bikes in the area.

When you're at the track, it's usually for 20~30 minutes at a time then you're back to pit as the other groups are on. You then invariably take the helmet off, have some water, grab a lawn chair or whatever. The point here is that you're not wearing the lid for hours.
When street riding (other than commuting), it's usually for a couple of hours. That race fit helmet can be a pain after awhile. Especially if its race tight. Yes, they're really good looking but lack practicality. They're also noisy, and depending on the time of day, you have to wear sunglasses or carry two shields, you're burning up in traffic, yada yada. You all know what I'm talking about.

And now for something completely different.
This is the latest addition to my helmet collection.The HJC RPHA 90S Carbon.
Sometimes, you just want comfort instead of race fit but it must still look cool.
This full carbon unit is and very practical also as it's a modular with drop-down sun visor.
Given the Panigale's decibels, it's super quiet as a bonus.
Get this, it's as light (within an ounce) as my AGV's which are amongst the lightest on the market.
And this is a Modular!
Moreover and contrary to Revzilla's review, it is ECE rated.

Times are changing and helmet designs have come a long way.
I know it's outside the box thinking but it's something to consider for the street.

Attachments

141 - 148 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.