Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you're on the way to a resolution.

They'll probably be stumped too. The best way to really figure this out is take it all apart and start measuring. Essentially starting all over. And they'd probably need stock parts, or another 959, for reference.

I bet they'll cut their losses, buy it back then auction it off.
i think you are correct. they are going to have to take the whole rear end apart and start measuring everything... in the end... i think they should put it back to stock and i think that would take care of it. but either way... they need to start measuring.

I'm really hoping they go that route instead of throwing some gnarly spacer on the back and trying to pass it off as fixed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks look the either the swing arm is bend or Mounting points are bend. maybe different arm pins (or even outside mounts) between sides could be have been used.

This mod has been very common for alot of 899/959 owners and it is a bolt on mod.

If a dealer has sold it to you, then I wouldnt have paid a cent for them to look at all this time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So sorry to read this whole thread. I bought my 959 as a track only bike.
This is my 6th Ducati. I've owned a 1098s, currently own a Hyperstrada, Multi Pikes Peak, 996s and an ST2. The ST2 being the only non SSSA. Yes, there is a lot of lore associated with Ducati's classic lines and their SSSA's, but I can't help but chuckle when I think of the MotoGP bikes and their double sided swingarms.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks look the either the swing arm is bend or Mounting points are bend. maybe different arm pins (or even outside mounts) between sides could be have been used.

This mod has been very common for alot of 899/959 owners and it is a bolt on mod.

If a dealer has sold it to you, then I wouldnt have paid a cent for them to look at all this time.
I have only heard of 2 other bikes getting the SSA of this nature so im note sure how "common" this mod is. This is the only 959 this forum has heard of this project. We do know of a few 899's that have this treatment and we are orking at those leads to try and get more info if they may have had the same issues or how they corrected it.

The mod is a "bolt on" and no "fabrication" was needed....yet

But you are correct... they need to measure everything out to make sure something isnt bent.
And the reason i paid to have it looked at instead of taking it in originally.....

The dealer was over 2 hours away and i have no truck or trailer to get it there.... also the DEALER is a HARLEY DEALER.... so their service department is not the best for this repair work... i thought i would go local and send them over a bill... just never worked out that way as i have been trying to get it fixed still until this weekend.

Dealer now has the bike and claim they are going to make it right. I will take back my negative comments if they come through and really make this bike correct and not just a "quick patch".

·
Registered
31 Posts
dealer may be now screwing me.
i think they told me they were going to "work on the bike" to make sure it was out of my possession while they fix the registration issue just in case i was to crash or total the bike in that time... they would be responsible...??

the moment the paperwork was "done"... the same salesman called me today and said that the bike is "fine" now and don't really see whats wrong with it!!! I was just there on SATURDAY and went over everything... they promised they would be sending over to a ducati dealer and making sure it falls "within spec" or fix it to make it that way.... instead they just called a dealership...found that the swing arm can't be adjusted from side to side...DUH!... and now they see its going to cost real money to fix and tried to just give it back without doing ANY of the work they told me there were going to do and say its "good enough". I even brought a buddy with me to have a witness to everything the offered me.

I think i may need legal help. They are still in possession of the bike currently.
when they called earlier trying to say the bike is now fine and act like there is nothing wrong....
i told him he has 3 options...

#1. give me money back
#2. fix the bike back to stock
#3. dealer trade for a different used ducati 959 that i approve of and swap out- if they even have that option- i don't know..

Im stuck here and don't know where to go from here. They are now starting to be rude on
the phone. if anyone has some legal background that can possibly hear me out and give me an idea of what to do i would greatly appreciate it!!!

I know I'm right but i don't know enough to make it happen.

Thanks all-
Zac

·
Registered
63 Posts
That sucks man.

Just get on Google and find some reputable lawyers in your area. Even if the one you call can't help, they might be able to refer you to another attorney.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That sucks man.

Just get on Google and find some reputable lawyers in your area. Even if the one you call can't help, they might be able to refer you to another attorney.
problem is the $.... i just don't have the money to make the dealer sweat.... and they are calling me out on that "bluff" pretty much.

it seems like the dealership knows they are in a bind with the paperwork mixup part- but because i have been EXTREMELY co operative and easy going instead of raising **** and dropping f bombs on everyone making a huge scene... they are pushing me off now thinking i don't have the knowledge to call them out (which i don't).

I feel that dealer cold shoulder coming....
that would be epic if i could have "an attorney" call with me and ask the fun question to watch them squirm.

I sent the dealer a new email tonight so we can have our "agreement" on some kind of paper as everything so far is just an agreement that they will "make everything better"
we will see if they reply to the email so we can actually have some hard copy of what they "promise to fix"

keep you posted

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
@zazzels
Get a lawyer to bite them, period. Borrow the money if you have to. The dealer sold you a bike that's un-roadworthy.
They take the bike back plus compensate you for your previous expenses, legal fees and lack of enjoyment time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You might be able to work out a deal with an attorney. Personal injury lawyers do it all the time, this is obviously a much more complicated case but it's worth a shot.

At least the dealership has the bike now and acknowledged an issue exists. There's no reason for them to take possession for title issues. That should help your case a lot.

I think you need to act fast. If title issues mean you technically didn't own it until now, there might be other laws that apply.

Start doing research on Google. This kind of thing happens everyday with used car sales, there's lots of info out there. One article I skimmed over suggested filing a complaint with your local attorney general's office. Things like that shouldn't cost much, if anything, and should put some pressure on the dealership.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You might be able to work out a deal with an attorney. Personal injury lawyers do it all the time, this is obviously a much more complicated case but it's worth a shot.

At least the dealership has the bike now and acknowledged an issue exists. There's no reason for them to take possession for title issues. That should help your case a lot.

I think you need to act fast. If title issues mean you technically didn't own it until now, there might be other laws that apply.

Start doing research on Google. This kind of thing happens everyday with used car sales, there's lots of info out there. One article I skimmed over suggested filing a complaint with your local attorney general's office. Things like that shouldn't cost much, if anything, and should put some pressure on the dealership.
Yes they took the bike back in to look at at and "make things right" but didnt give me a due bill or any actual paperwork saying that was going to happen. Just all verbal, but i did bring a friend for a witness.
after the call yesterday saying that they think the bike is acceptable and didnt actually take it anywhere... and was never seen by ducati at all.... i gave the 3 options of how this could go...
they ended the phone call saying "ok" but left it at that. so i wrote an email last night with everything we discussed and listed out to make sure we are all understanding this correctly of how this was supposed to be fixed. I was hoping to get a reply to the email so i could have something in hard copy form to better my case now of how they are "taking care of this".

I hope to hear something back today.
If not...
I will contact the BAR and see if they can set up a middle man to help me out possibly...
then i will see what advice i can get legal wise to possibly take it to the next step.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes they took the bike back in to look at at and "make things right" but didnt give me a due bill or any actual paperwork saying that was going to happen. Just all verbal, but i did bring a friend for a witness.
after the call yesterday saying that they think the bike is acceptable and didnt actually take it anywhere... and was never seen by ducati at all.... i gave the 3 options of how this could go...
they ended the phone call saying "ok" but left it at that. so i wrote an email last night with everything we discussed and listed out to make sure we are all understanding this correctly of how this was supposed to be fixed. I was hoping to get a reply to the email so i could have something in hard copy form to better my case now of how they are "taking care of this".

I hope to hear something back today.
If not...
I will contact the BAR and see if they can set up a middle man to help me out possibly...
then i will see what advice i can get legal wise to possibly take it to the next step.

I sent you a PM... I'm working on it.

However, if you wait long enough, you might wind up getting it fixed by them in the long run.

Harley-Davidson Wants to Take Over Ducati: Report

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
truly i don't not come on this site as much anymore as i do not have a Ducati, when i had bike i didn't have any of these issue that have been brought up...
as i would take it out all the time hills and twisties, why you're having issue is beyond me i left you my number so i can give you some info you might need to help you in the problem, when i traded it in it was in tip top shape but unfortunately some dealer do let they're employees take bikes home and let people test drive not saying its what happen but places do... and for the people saying why i traded it in so quickly after cause i was injured and could n't ride that kind of bike anymore

·
Registered
1 Posts
First let's start off by saying this : I bought a 959 Panigale
Cause it's the bike I wanted so don't bother saying ( why didn't you just buy a 1299 ) I would have bought one if that's was the bike I wanted ...

So that being said : Tomorrow I start on the venture of converting
My double sided swing arm into a single sided swing ,
The reason for this 1st I love the look of the SSSA
2nd I want to run a bigger tire 3rd and foremost it will look bad *** 😎

Can't wait till its done , the cost isn't bad , and for all the new mods
Can you show me I’m super interested in this

161 - 175 of 175 Posts