Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
That was really weird, have my share of lack of gear change mostly to be not being firm enough with the shift but you were well into second when it popped out.

On a side note, your camera does a great job of picking up audio, what are you using?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was really weird, have my share of lack of gear change mostly to be not being firm enough with the shift but you were well into second when it popped out...
I know, that's what's driving me crazy...

On a side note, your camera does a great job of picking up audio, what are you using?
It's a Hero5 Session - amazing camera, especially the anti-vibration built in, it does an amazing job.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've had that happen to me, definitely because the shift wasn't firm enough. Same scenario as you, basically the dogs engage enough to catch on, but the shift isn't 100% through its travel, so any small bump will either get you to 100% into 2nd gear or it'll pop back into the previous gear (this being neutral). I've had it happen between 2nd and 3rd on the Panigale and other bikes as well, mostly at the track later in the day when I get lazy with my shifts.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not sure if related but I have experienced a case where I clicked down into first gear from second when coming to a stop. Upon accelerating again, it clicked into neutral by itself. Since then I've always put a good amount of pressure when making shifts to make sure I am completely in the right gear. I haven't had any issues since.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It sometimes happens, I'm thinking it didn't go in to gear all the way and popped out. If this were any other gear than 2nd it would probably result in a false neutral.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yup! I was about to post about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts