Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my friend's 4 month old Panigale 959 in my garage, he had a minivan pull out in front of him on Saturday and smacked into her... From what I can see so far of what is broken:

Mirrors
Tank has a dent in an area that won't pull out, will need a new tank
Pretty much all plastics including tail
headlight assembly smashed
left clip on snapped in half
left bar end
Clutch lever snapped
Shifter snapped
Steering lock block on the upper triple clamp, snapped off
front axle nut scraped up

Can't tell if the front fairing stay is bent and can't tell if the forks are tweaked.

But just based on the above that I did see, thoughts?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sounds like a NASTY bill, 4k USD at least in parts:
  • Tank is probably 1-2k
  • Plastics alone are going to be 2-3k
  • Headlight is probably 1k
  • Rest of stuff, 1-1.5k total? (More if front fairing stay and forks are wrecked)

This is all going in with the assumption that OEM Ducati parts are used. kfm-motorraeder are going to be cheaper for the parts you can get (mostly bodywork?).

What's the status with your friend's insurance (or minivan owner)? I don't think I'm necessarily conservative, but tacking on labor at dealership rates, that bike could be totaled?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a NASTY bill, 4k USD at least in parts:
  • Tank is probably 1-2k
  • Plastics alone are going to be 2-3k
  • Headlight is probably 1k
  • Rest of stuff, 1-1.5k total? (More if front fairing stay and forks are wrecked)

This is all going in with the assumption that OEM Ducati parts are used. kfm-motorraeder are going to be cheaper for the parts you can get (mostly bodywork?).

What's the status with your friend's insurance (or minivan owner)? I don't think I'm necessarily conservative, but tacking on labor at dealership rates, that bike could be totaled?
Both parties have insurance, I think the woman was cited with a ticket but not sure, haven't gotten a lot of details. I just happened to be up in the mtns doing some off roading in the truck when I got the call, I was only an hour away so I went and grabbed it and threw it in the bed of the truck while he went for am ambulance ride to get checked out...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mirrors - $240 each
Tank has a dent in an area that won't pull out, will need a new tank - $2,900
Pretty much all plastics including tail - I know the front fairing is a little over $800, upper sides are $650, lower sides are $500, rear pieces are $331 each...
headlight assembly smashed - $1k
left clip on snapped in half - $90
left bar end
Clutch lever snapped - $150
Shifter snapped - $110
Steering lock block on the upper triple clamp, snapped off - $450
front axle nut scraped up - $15

Can't tell if the front fairing stay is bent and can't tell if the forks are tweaked. $250 for the fairing stay, but I think it was around $20 more to upgrade to the 1199/1299 magnesium one. Forks are $1,800 each

You're over $12k, it will get totalled. Honestly I think most Panis get totalled if there is any fairing damage along with the tank (or forks!)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. It always amazes me how a bike costing $15k, is actually $38k when you add up the cost of all the parts individually.... LOL

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Mirrors - $240 each
Tank has a dent in an area that won't pull out, will need a new tank - $2,900
Pretty much all plastics including tail - I know the front fairing is a little over $800, upper sides are $650, lower sides are $500, rear pieces are $331 each...
headlight assembly smashed - $1k
left clip on snapped in half - $90
left bar end
Clutch lever snapped - $150
Shifter snapped - $110
Steering lock block on the upper triple clamp, snapped off - $450
front axle nut scraped up - $15

Can't tell if the front fairing stay is bent and can't tell if the forks are tweaked. $250 for the fairing stay, but I think it was around $20 more to upgrade to the 1199/1299 magnesium one. Forks are $1,800 each

You're over $12k, it will get totalled. Honestly I think most Panis get totalled if there is any fairing damage along with the tank (or forks!)
Yep! and that doesn't account for about 12 hours of labor (if not more) to remove the broken and rebuild with new

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's totaled unless he plans on fixing it himself with mostly used or aftermarket parts. I bought my salvaged 959 at auction and it had about 1/4 of the damage that one has.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts