Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am trying to use advantageous timing (end of the month & quarter) to get a great deal on a brand new 2018 959 in SoCal.

Some people on the boards have gotten $1,000 off MSRP on the 2017 959 before the 2018 were out.
Someone just messaged me on Reddit to let me know they got a red 2018 959 for $14K before tax and DMV in SoCal in Nov 2017.

I noticed the 2018 MSRP is $15,695 in some places in SoCal and I see it it $15,395 in TX for instance.

So if there are any Ducati Dealers sales people on here or clients who recently struck a 2018 959 deal, please chime in so I know what I can get for myself.

Looking for $14,000 sale price for the bike before sales tax and DMV.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am trying to use advantageous timing (end of the month & quarter) to get a great deal on a brand new 2018 959 in SoCal.

Some people on the boards have gotten $1,000 off MSRP on the 2017 959 before the 2018 were out.
Someone just messaged me on Reddit to let me know they got a red 2018 959 for $14K before tax and DMV in SoCal in Nov 2017.

I noticed the 2018 MSRP is $15,695 in some places in SoCal and I see it it $15,395 in TX for instance.

So if there are any Ducati Dealers sales people on here or clients who recently struck a 2018 959 deal, please chime in so I know what I can get for myself.

Looking for $14,000 sale price for the bike before sales tax and DMV.
Speaking from collecting 2016 data when it first came out and when I got mine in August of 2016 (21 reported prices), but 14k USD is asking for a heal of a deal that only inside employees get. Anything less than 15k is optimistic unless your paying straight cash and you have some connections or you're buying a unit that is less than brand new. If you are buying one now, the odds are highly stacked against you since its the beginning of great weather (ie. demand is growing thus pricing is growing).

Nov 2017 is toward the end of the riding season and nearing when the next year model comes out so its probable that it was a unit that sat on the showroom for many months and/or it was a demo unit.

Good luck on getting a good deal - certainly anything is possible, but don't set unrealistic expectations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It was a 2018 959 they bought in Nov 2017. When did the 2018s come out? It couldn't have been sitting on the showroom (in which case, dealers get charged interest in some cases I understand on the older year model when the new one is out).

All dealers charge freight and set-up.
I have seen many mark one or both up. Others accepted to wave one or the other.

So thank you for your reply, I was aiming for $14K including freight and set-up so before sales tax and DMV fees.
Based on what you wrote, it sounds like I should aim for $15K including freight and set-up then?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I definitely wouldn't believe that.

Every other post in that thread is stating 14k for an unsold 2017 models. No one selling a brand new 2018 model is going to sell a bike for 1k under msrp without a catch. It doesn't make sense.

So thank you for your reply, I was aiming for $14K including freight and set-up so before sales tax and DMV fees.
Based on what you wrote, it sounds like I should aim for $15K including freight and set-up then?
For a current model year, 16k is probably a good target since you're at the beginning of the riding season, but be the outlier and get a better deal! I didn't get as great of deal as others have posted, but I haggled my cost in July/August down to $14,499 + 7.7% tax = $15.6k USD out the door. My dealer lumped all the documentation/freight/setup/etc. fees into that 14.5k (so maybe the bike price was 13.7k??) but I financed my bike so I was hit with 1k of loan financing fees after the fact. Don't forget the cost of that if you choose to finance.

Emotional decision for sure. Do what makes you happy but be cognizant about all the costs =)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[...]I haggled my cost in July/August down to $14,499 + 7.7% tax = $15.6k USD out the door. My dealer lumped all the documentation/freight/setup/etc. fees into that 14.5k (so maybe the bike price was 13.7k??) but I financed my bike so I was hit with 1k of loan financing fees after the fact. Don't forget the cost of that if you choose to finance.

Emotional decision for sure. Do what makes you happy but be cognizant about all the costs =)

For sure.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts