Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this over Xmas and honestly forgot I had it. Just applied yesterday and went out for an evening ride, the edges of the data are a little fuzzy but the reflection that was making my display almost useless is completely gone. I rode in bright sunlight then a quick storm came through and it was still fine in low light conditions. No night riding experience.

Speedo Angels (their name not mine!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would recommend that everyone pick up some kind of screen protector for the cluster. I didn't and mine has a couple scratches as a result. I guess I got a little carried away trying to scrub off some junk, honestly didn't think a microfiber would even be capable of scratching the screen. I was wrong. Lol

Wish I would have seen a screen protector for it early on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate the glare off the display in bright sunlight. The front of the triple clamp reflects right through the middle of the display, it's annoying.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bingo Zorch, I could see MPH but gear and DTC settings took way too much focus while riding, not that I need that data all the time but a quick confirm I was in 1st and not 2nd can save a stall after a stop. Just make sure to use a alcohol wipe before applying, I Honda spray clean everything which leaves wax behind.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would you suggest the anti glare one over clear?

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would you suggest the anti glare one over clear?
Never used a clear but I do not see a downside to the anti-glare, the clear I think would have the same reflective issue I was experiencing with the stock display. As I said before though, I do not night ride so no clue of the anti-glare has a negative effect in those conditions.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Another Ducati quirk. Cracked dashes. Im on my second one. First once replaced under warranty, second now has 2 cracks.
The screen? I'm on my second Duc and never had that happen. What should I keep an eye out for?
I'm interested to know the answer to that as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For my cracked screens there was no warning. One day fine, next day small crack which turn into a bigger crack. I have the OEM screen too, as some sya aftermarket screen cause cracked screens.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just applied some electric tape to the front of my steering damper and triple clamp and it drastically cut down the glare on the screen, quick Rube Goldberg solution!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts