Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm 6'1" 200 pounds with a 34" inseam, and the shape of the stock seat send me forward into the tank all the time. So I shimmed up the front seat bracket with a few washers lifting the front of the seat. I'm pretty happy with the result. On my ride into work this morning trying it out for the first time, I no longer slid forward into the tank with every bump. So if you're tired of crushing your nuts from sliding forward all the time, you may give this a shot.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've been contemplating getting the race seat cause its taller and puts my thigh in a better position to grip onto tank grip, but will definitely have to try this clever trick out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So you added washers to both sides of the bracket?

I'm 6'1" 200 pounds with a 34" inseam, and the shape of the stock seat send me forward into the tank all the time. So I shimmed up the front seat bracket with a few washers lifting the front of the seat. I'm pretty happy with the result. On my ride into work this morning trying it out for the first time, I no longer slid forward into the tank with every bump. So if you're tired of crushing your nuts from sliding forward all the time, you may give this a shot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I thought about this also. I'm 6'4". That first ride home sucked and the demo ride sucked because of no grip tape on the tank. Now that Dolores has Tech Spec for the last ~4weeks I don't slide anymore unless I'm in a lazy tired/mood, otherwise I reflexively grip the tank now.

-J:cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow that’s an interest trick... I should try that because I do too slide every once in awhile, it’s annoying especially when you slide you get to feel the heat burning your legs as well, because it’s closer to the gas tank n the exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts