Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really do this since this is a gorgeous bike.... anyone have any ideas on how to hold an extra helmet or to hold a small bag like a tool bag or anything...?? Instead of having to put stuffs in backpack and carry on my back....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure how much this will help, but I use cable ties to attach a sunglasses case to the back of my license plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
@Pard - the only negative I can see with the Kriega system is the two bolts at Location B - which will most likely end up breaking the plastics. The A location is the only real support. Novel idea...

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Ducati is definitely PROUD of their bag!! lol!

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Pard - the only negative I can see with the Kriega system is the two bolts at Location B - which will most likely end up breaking the plastics. The A location is the only real support. Novel idea...
I have the Kriega bag and there are no worries about breaking the plastics. Just have to be careful when you mount the bag to the loops because you can scratch the plastics if you aren't careful.

Basically you remove the passenger strap and two other bolts, use the Kriega hardware and mount the straps into the holes. There are little loops that the bag will hook to. I can take a few pics later if you want.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have the Kriega bag and there are no worries about breaking the plastics. Just have to be careful when you mount the bag to the loops because you can scratch the plastics if you aren't careful.

Basically you remove the passenger strap and two other bolts, use the Kriega hardware and mount the straps into the holes. There are little loops that the bag will hook to. I can take a few pics later if you want.
Yes, pics please!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes please

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's what I use. It's an Oxford micro mini magnetic tank bag. Big enough to hold plexus, pliers, tire repair kit, tire pressure gauge. Tried to attach a picture but file was too large. They won't let me post a link, but you can look this up. It's about $40.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't add any pictures because of this sites archaic file size requirements. There are a few metal hooks on straps that are looped through the bag that hook on to the straps you mount to the bike.

Just have to be careful when attaching everything you don't scratch the plastics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts