Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone offered you a $2000 credit, would you use it to upgrade your suspension or your wheels?

· Registered
391 Posts
If someone offered you a $2000 credit, would you use it to upgrade your suspension or your wheels?

I am going to say wheels, here is why. Wheels dont really come up that often used. Get the wheels through a dealer, then do Nix30 carts and wait to find a used TTX (someone was jsut selling some on here right?? also peep the other forums, maybe ask Jarel @ Ducati Omaha - they often times have track parts for grabs) Then you are in business.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@KarlKani
I appreciate where you're going with that angle which makes sense.
However, I should have been more specific.

If someone offered a $2000 credit, should we use it to buy either ?:
a) New Ohlins forks, shocks & dampner or
b) New forged wheels

I'm trying to determine what members think is more important.

· Registered
391 Posts
@KarlKani
I appreciate where you're going with that angle which makes sense.
However, I should have been more specific.

If someone offered a $2000 credit, should we use it to buy either ?:
a) New Ohlins forks, shocks & dampner or
b) New forged wheels

I'm trying to determine what members think is more important.
Ahhh I see
Well that is tough, roughly the same $$. I guess it would come down to if the the person in question is going to be spending time on the track. I think it is arguable that the full Ohlins Suite may be money better spent. However light wheels and getting the stock suspension completely setup for you would also be good. I dont know man that is a tough one, I would probably do Ohlins.

And to complicate things I think the majority of people would probably choose:
c) Exhaust [less $ to performance benefit]
or
d) CF doodads [zero performance benefit]

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that is tough, roughly the same $$. I guess it would come down to if the the person in question is going to be spending time on the track.
It is tough isn't it? Could boil down to a coin toss. I'll chime in my preference later but thought it would be interesting to view our members different opinions and their reasons.

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Not tough at all for me - (b) Wheels is what I would choose. No-brainer, actually! The performance upgrade in less rotating mass far outweighs a suspension upgrade, of which I wouldn't notice as large a gain.

· Registered
34 Posts
Since my Panigale sees mostly track time (Multistrada Enduro is a much better street bike IMHO) I would and am going the suspension route. Purchasing some Ohlins FGR cartridges and a TTX rear shock, other mods I've done are a zero gravity Corsa screen, Woodcraft axle sliders and clutch cover, TWM levers, Tech Spec tank grips, DP carbon rear hugger, and DP comfort seat. If it were a street bike I think the wheels are a no brainer for style and weight as the stock suspension doesn't reach its limits until you really push to get more pace out of the bike. Just my .02.

· Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Without making it too complicated, I would have to say the wheels would probably be the easiest and most noticeable advantage straight away.

· Registered
36 Posts
Wheels. I think most people would get an immediate benefit from it. I reckon only the more talented amongst us would see the limitations of the stock suspension.

I have my eye on the silver oz gass wheels if i can sneak them in without the Mrs seeing them (or the hole in the bank balance). Think they would look ace on the corse.

· Registered
91 Posts
The wheels, as I think I can't get benefit from Ohlin suspension on the road as with the wheels. The stock suspension (both front and rear) work great for me.

Although I have ordered my Termi under-belly already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.