Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have about 2700 miles on my 2019 model 959. It has standard suspension (Sachs and SBK, correct me if I am wrong please). After some seat time I know now that I need to get the suspension set up more to me as it is still factory and is not performing to my liking. So at 6'4" and 235 pounds with full gear I am wondering if I need to worry about setting sag etc with the stock front and rear springs or go a head and up the springs to get manageable ranges for things?

If I do need to go ahead a go up to make adjustments more manageable do you all have fork springs and shock springs you recommend. I have seen some k-tech fork springs and Ohlins shock springs at the desired rate but didn't know what you all thought.

Obviously more of a linebacker size than a typical team rider but was hoping for some advice. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Personally for me setting up the suspension is the first thing to do. I'm 205# with no gear and changed my springs as my first mod. Depending on how you ride and if you are going to do track days will be a small factor in the spring rates you choose. I went with 1.0 Racetech front springs (PT# FRSP S3825100). They are for a Kawasaki Showa BPF so are a little shorter than the springs on the 959 but they come with spacer shims to make up the difference.
For the shock spring I went with an Ohlins 9.0 spring. I got it from Ducati of Omaha as a stock replacement for the Sachs spring. Ohlins Part# 21040-29/90 L1117 printed on it. This helps setup some static sag while still being stiff enough to ride. With the stock spring being so soft you will have to preload it to the point of no static sag and it will still be too soft.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally for me setting up the suspension is the first thing to do. I'm 205# with no gear and changed my springs as my first mod. Depending on how you ride and if you are going to do track days will be a small factor in the spring rates you choose. I went with 1.0 Racetech front springs (PT# FRSP S3825100). They are for a Kawasaki Showa BPF so are a little shorter than the springs on the 959 but they come with spacer shims to make up the difference.
For the shock spring I went with an Ohlins 9.0 spring. I got it from Ducati of Omaha as a stock replacement for the Sachs spring. Ohlins Part# 21040-29/90 L1117 printed on it. This helps setup some static sag while still being stiff enough to ride. With the stock spring being so soft you will have to preload it to the point of no static sag and it will still be too soft.
Thank you so much for this info.... ordering starting now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tips on changing the front? I know the rear is straight forward.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You're going to need a front stand that can lift from the lower triple. You have to remove the forks, no way around it. You will need two special tools.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're going to need a front stand that can lift from the lower triple. You have to remove the forks, no way around it. You will need two special tools.
Thanks a ton ordered just now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again man, any other tips you have are always appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts