Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a new paddock stand and wanted to share some pics / thoughts. I used to have a motorcycle dolly to move my bike around the garage but gave it away when I sold my 848. Didn't think I would get another bike.

Instead of getting another dolly I decided to get a paddock stand that could function as a dolly. I really wanted the Bursig stand but couldn't afford to pay the premium price. Next preferred stand was Constands but they won't ship to the US. Decided to take a risk and try SV racing. Quick google search resulted in negative reviews. I reached out to the company and asked if they designed a stand for the 959. They said yes but haven't perfected it. They were willing to sell me one but warned it may not be perfect but if I'm willing to work with them, they would send me a new pin till setup is right. They were working with someone with a 1299 and thought they got the specs pretty close.

I received the stand and spent close to 2 hours trying to set it up. The mounting pin fitted perfect with no wobble but I couldnt get the front tires to lift off the ground.

I finally got the stand set up to where I'm satisfied. The front doesn't lift as high as the rear but enough to make me happy. The stand is surprisingly solid being a knock off bursig. I was able to sit on the bike and bounce a few times with no issues. Stand held bike very solid.

Anyhow, here are some pics:

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Bought a new paddock stand and wanted to share some pics / thoughts. I used to have a motorcycle dolly to move my bike around the garage but gave it away when I sold my 848. Didn't think I would get another bike.

Instead of getting another dolly I decided to get a paddock stand that could function as a dolly. I really wanted the Bursig stand but couldn't afford to pay the premium price. Next preferred stand was Constands but they won't ship to the US. Decided to take a risk and try SV racing. Quick google search resulted in negative reviews. I reached out to the company and asked if they designed a stand for the 959. They said yes but haven't perfected it. They were willing to sell me one but warned it may not be perfect but if I'm willing to work with them, they would send me a new pin till setup is right. They were working with someone with a 1299 and thought they got the specs pretty close.

I received the stand and spent close to 2 hours trying to set it up. The mounting pin fitted perfect with no wobble but I couldnt get the front tires to lift off the ground.

I finally got the stand set up to where I'm satisfied. The front doesn't lift as high as the rear but enough to make me happy. The stand is surprisingly solid being a knock off bursig. I was able to sit on the bike and bounce a few times with no issues. Stand held bike very solid.

Anyhow, here are some pics:

View attachment 8201
It's this one, right?

SV Racing Parts | Store

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Does it require cutting the fairing? According to this web site, the bursig requires cutting the lower fairing for the panigale (1199/1299/899). I'm assuming if this is the same, then it does require cutting the fairing? At $549 that bursig is spendy. At $255, the sv seems much more reasonable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it require cutting the fairing? According to this web site, the bursig requires cutting the lower fairing for the panigale (1199/1299/899). I'm assuming if this is the same, then it does require cutting the fairing? At $549 that bursig is spendy. At $255, the sv seems much more reasonable.
SV Racing is actually in Seattle. Maybe you can work out a local discount :wink2:

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
SV Racing is actually in Seattle. Maybe you can work out a local discount :wink2:
Good to know. I'll have to check that out. But I'm so hesitant to cut the fairing. The bike is way too beautiful.

I have a pitbull rear stand already. I'm starting to think that maybe I should just get a front stand to go with it. What are the main benefits to getting a lift like this rather than a front and rear stand combo?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
...What are the main benefits to getting a lift like this rather than a front and rear stand combo?
The benefits are huge for a race team, seconds to get the bike up in the air so you can change both tires at the same time without interference - for you or me it's bling factor IMO. I'd have one if I had the dough to blow, but I need carbon fiber wheels and a full Ti exhaust first :wink2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Good to know. I'll have to check that out. But I'm so hesitant to cut the fairing. The bike is way too beautiful.

I have a pitbull rear stand already. I'm starting to think that maybe I should just get a front stand to go with it. What are the main benefits to getting a lift like this rather than a front and rear stand combo?
I feel ya. I think constands are the only one where you don't have to trim but I couldn't find anyone willing to import them from Germany. Here's a vid of their stands

http://youtu.be/ddiWbuc1jFQ

For me, the only benefit is being able to easily move the bike around in tight spaces. I rarely ride and tend to store the bike in the very back of my garage. This stand will help get the bike out easier. Will also help prevent flat spots on my tires. If you already have the rear stand I would probably just get the front. In my case I had sold my old stands with my 848 and figured $250 for this stand is about the same as buying front and rear pit bull stands again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts