Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a tank pad. There are so many to choose from. Anyone have pics of theirs? I have looked at the pics and only saw a clear Ducati.

My white 959 arrives in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't get the clear, as someone said in another forum if not installed correctly dirt gets into the gaps that aren't airtight against tank and eventually the sun turns your nice clear protector yellow.

I had one on order and cancelled it. Got a carbon fiber one with Ducati logo on it instead.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I am looking at getting a tank pad. There are so many to choose from. Anyone have pics of theirs? I have looked at the pics and only saw a clear Ducati.

My white 959 arrives in a couple of weeks.
Get the Ducati Carbon Fiber one. Here's a picture.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I have the clear Stomp Grips on the track bike and will be putting the 4 pc Tech Spec Snake Skin set on the 959. Nemski is correct in regards to the clear type showing wear / age, but I believe the Stomp Grips do have a black version now. I've yet to try the Tech Spec brand, but I like the fact they have protection for the upper faring where your knee can rub under braking. The Tech Spec's look to be a bit less aggressive than Stomp Grips which may be a benefit when riding without leathers.

Attachments

Reactions: I<3twins

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered this one last night. Not sure if will look good. If not, I can order something else. The red should compliment the arctic white with red rims...maybe.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought the Tech Spec Snake Skin 5 pc for my 959 thinking that I was going to use all 5 pieces. I ended up only using the two small pieces that cover the upper fairing since that is the only area my knees grip on to. I initially used the center tank pad but it's too thick for my liking. So I purchased the Ducati carbon fiber tank pad. Much more aesthetically pleasing and also does the job.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Is your 959 still in the spot you left it? :grin2:
I have been out of town for a couple days. Now you're scaring me. I'll definitely need to check with the house sitter to make sure you haven't cooked up a scam with them. :)

Reactions: Dic

·
487 Posts
Are you talking about the tank pad for the belt buckle or the ones for grip on the side of the tanks?

For the grippy stuff I like Tech Spec have used it on many of my bikes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought the Tech Spec C3 tank pads. I only used 3 because I couldn't figure out where the 2 weird shaped ones go to. LOL I like it. I think it does the job. My reason for putting it on is so that I don't get scratches on the side of the tank on on the middle of tank when I'm up against it while riding.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I bought the Tech Spec Snake Skin 5 pc for my 959 thinking that I was going to use all 5 pieces. I ended up only using the two small pieces that cover the upper fairing since that is the only area my knees grip on to. I initially used the center tank pad but it's too thick for my liking. So I purchased the Ducati carbon fiber tank pad. Much more aesthetically pleasing and also does the job.
Agree the center piece is a bit thick and ugly. Applied the snake skin pads today. One of the tank side pad corners is lifting slightly, and will not stay stuck. I will request a warranty replacement pad if it becomes a problem.

The c3 pads are likely a better choice being thinner.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts