Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Nice! Although not a fan of the forward facing version.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The forward facing design removes a bend so it increases the flow slightly over the previous design as I have on my 899.

I would like to switch myself, however since Ducati moved to support Akrapovic, they now longer provide an upmap kit. I could keep my RACE map unlocked and just swap the exhaust, but if I sold my Termignoni to another 899 owner, I would feel obligated to provide the upmap as a kit unless they explicitly wanted to install the RapidBike or tune it.

Anyone on the fence on an upgraded exhaust will find this to be an excellent alternative to the Akrapovic.

You will need to make changes to the AFR to take advantage of the increased flow and consider a Sprint filter.

Ultimately, it will smooth out the midrange and remove some of the grumpy attitude...

·
487 Posts
The forward facing design removes a bend so it increases the flow slightly over the previous design as I have on my 899.

I would like to switch myself, however since Ducati moved to support Akrapovic, they now longer provide an upmap kit. I could keep my RACE map unlocked and just swap the exhaust, but if I sold my Termignoni to another 899 owner, I would feel obligated to provide the upmap as a kit unless they explicitly wanted to install the RapidBike or tune it.

Anyone on the fence on an upgraded exhaust will find this to be an excellent alternative to the Akrapovic.

You will need to make changes to the AFR to take advantage of the increased flow and consider a Sprint filter.

Ultimately, it will smooth out the midrange and remove some of the grumpy attitude...
These are great points, and you know who has Sprint Filters always in stock ?

https://www.motomillion.com/collections/ducati-panigale-899-1199-959-1299/air-filters

:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any word on cost?

·
Registered
183 Posts
That exhaust (more specifically the slip on) is most likely the same as the 1299's slipon (the one I have on my bike currently).

·
Registered
119 Posts
That exhaust (more specifically the slip on) is most likely the same as the 1299's slipon (the one I have on my bike currently).
What is the cost on the 1299?

·
Registered
57 Posts
get to keep the pillion pegs ... i nearly opted for a slip on just so the wife can get on the back.

Wonder if i can sell mine to get these haha

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice, but the mega logo should be optional.

Reactions: msdss

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does it have an upmap key? Got your PM, but can't respond because I don't have enough posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
i got my slips via eBay for 1700 usd - they do not include an upmap
most vendors include a sprint filter with sale which mine came with

going with rapid bike for my tuning .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got my slips via eBay for 1700 usd - they do not include an upmap
most vendors include a sprint filter with sale which mine came with

going with rapid bike for my tuning .

Which did you end up getting? 1299 model? Have you installed them yet? And if so, any installation issues? Pics?

Thank you!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice, but the mega logo should be optional.
Agree. The first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture, was that I hope the sticker is easy to remove.

·
Registered
150 Posts
For the cost of this or the Akro, it would be better money spent just to have the stock bike re-tuned to smooth out the issues, and just gut the stock exhaust to get a better sound out of it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts