Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not currently a Panigale rider yet this question is to find out if A 959 is a good bike for my wife, she is 5"4 and has been riding a Gsxr 600 for 13yrs. I currently ride a Diavel and wanted to bring her over to the Ducati family she has done track days and keeps up pretty good with the fellas when we are ripping up the roads. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated as I continue to do my research.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there. I currently ride a 959 corse. Started off on a cbr600 f4 20 years ago; then bought a streetfighter 848 in 2016. I was hesitant to get the 959 at first because I didn't know if it would be too much bike for me. But after my husband got his 1299s and loved it we started looking into one for me. I am going on just over 2 months and I love carving up canyons on it! I can't describe how much fun it is. It is a bike that truly brings out the best in a rider in my opinion. The only caveat is that I'm 5'6". I have no problem with leg clearance but I'm not sure about your wife. Maybe she could sit on it and see how it fits. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
959 Corse I hope her height will not be an issue it is such a beautiful bike. I did find lowering links for the bike not sure if I want to disrupt the original ride height,

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
@HammerHead149 - The only "issue" (for lack of a better term) with the 959 is it doesn't like going slow. I mean that literally. It's geared perfectly for the track or fast riding, not for stop and go traffic in 1st gear. Other than that - get her *** on one and she'll love you forever for it!!! It's an amazing machine with ridiculous potential.
Ohh - and don't let her test-ride one, you mind as well just buy it then...

Happy wife = happy life. I wish mine was like yours!

·
Registered
8 Posts
959 Corse I hope her height will not be an issue it is such a beautiful bike. I did find lowering links for the bike not sure if I want to disrupt the original ride height,
My hubby says disrupting the original design by shortening it is not a good idea because it messes up the geometry. I understand there's a lot of difference on opinion on this issue.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My hubby says disrupting the original design by shortening it is not a good idea because it messes up the geometry. I understand there's a lot of difference on opinion on this issue...
That's correct, the geometry of the bike will change which results in handling characteristics being different - however it's not opinion, it's geometry... facts that can be proven by calculation.

I don't suggest doing more than whatever is possible with the existing equipment, except for changing the spring and oil weights for her weight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even though my wife doesn't ride anymore, she is 5"4 and when she sat on my Corse, she was on her toes with flip flops on and she could not reach the floor with both her feet but I would think if she had riding boots on and with the race seat fitted rather than the Standard seat, she would touch the floor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts