1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$30 throttle spacers
$35 14t front sprocket

Period.

Each gear is poised right where you want to be in the powerband. When it's time to change out the chain or I get bored I'll do the full conversion and +1 in the rear as well but for now, for $35, it absolutely cannot be beat.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best I suppose. Everything else has been aesthetic.

FEK
Mirror block offs
Grips
DP comfort seat (for sale)
Lights

Looking at the bike without the fender makes a world of difference but as the rider, the things I most appreciate from the cockpit are the throttle spacer, the sprocket and the mirror removal.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I have yet to install the spacers that I have received but replacing the stock levers with Pazzo "shorts" was a significant "functional vs aesthetic" improvement for me so far.

Reactions: Kevin.H

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No kit, just a 520 14t front I grabbed from duc Omaha (motospecialties). Although **** me, I should have hit up our local vendor. I suck.

#sorryforfuckingyoumot0,000,000

When I do a full conversion I'll research more appropriately but for Now this sufficed.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Spacers made an awesome difference and looking forward to changing the front sprocket (-1F) this week.
Both are considered high value mods.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The best I suppose. Everything else has been aesthetic.

FEK
Mirror block offs
Grips
DP comfort seat (for sale)
Lights

Looking at the bike without the fender makes a world of difference but as the rider, the things I most appreciate from the cockpit are the throttle spacer, the sprocket and the mirror removal.
DP comfort still for sale?

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Negative.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
@Ghettobird
Buy it. Your boys will loveya for the grip.
This should be one of your top five mods.

Reactions: Ghettobird

·
Registered
142 Posts
@foxriderry, is your DP comfort seat still for sale? I'd PM you but don't yet have the required minimum number of posts!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just did a 14T front sprocket on my 2016 Monster 1200R. I can't believe I waited ~3K miles before doing this mod, it's that good. Can people please share their experiences regarding a 14T front sprocket on a 959? I do street riding (no track). Thanks

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I just did a 14T front sprocket on my 2016 Monster 1200R. I can't believe I waited ~3K miles before doing this mod, it's that good. Can people please share their experiences regarding a 14T front sprocket on a 959? I do street riding (no track). Thanks
100+ posts on the topic here:
959 Gearing Change

1 - 20 of 22 Posts