Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about perm. tracking the 959 and selling the 848 before next season.

Has anyone made the switch from a tracked prep'd 848 to 959?

Anything I should be aware of before making the switch besides suspension, exhaust, fairings, etc?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well if you are getting a new exhaust on it, I'd spend the effort to go and get it Dyno tuned to get the lean conditions out of the Fuel mapping, plus the absence of the exhaust servo will throw a code. Other than that, I'ts pretty good to go stock, I track mine from time to time. Ya can always block off the pair valves and remove the charcoal canister to clean it up and shed some ounces :p

·
Registered
892 Posts
On the race regulations side of things, what class would your 959 have to race in?

Locally, my race org stopped the displacement creep exceptions for 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, 4-valve per cylinder engines with the 848 in the middleweight class, so 899/959 racers have to race in the next class up. Here the 899 got some exceptions in certain classes, but mostly the 959 can only race in heavyweight/open superbike classes. Just another thing to keep in mind if the same applies with you.

Not sure if the market for 899/1199 parts is growing/stable, but if I remember correctly, someone on this forum said that going with an aftermarket subframe opens up tail options. 899/1199 parts otherwise aren't really compatible. Depending on your exhaust, you might have to get a specific belly pan.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'm sure you will love the difference in the 959 on the track.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Has anyone made the switch from a tracked prep'd 848 to 959?
Anything I should be aware of before making the switch besides suspension, exhaust, fairings, etc?
I went 848EVO to 1098, 899 then 959 as dougo1199 said you will love the 959 as a track bike.

I think you have covered all with suspension and tyres being on the list to do, if you go down the route of exhaust it won't throw a code as someone said at least not on the dash, it shows up when you do a diagnostic.

Enjoy it :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I thinking more and more that this will be the route I will go.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Yes, that would be interesting to know. I would like to disabled mine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
you'll need new brake lines, and 2 plugs for the abs pump. you can turn ABS off but it doesn't feel the same at as fully bypassing the ABS. I also put an RCS19 on my bike and over the winter i'm going to upgrade to proper M4 calipers since the stock calipers lack the feel still of my zx6r i had.

The Omaha Ducati has the kits so you can call them and get the kit from them to delete ABS. I left ABS hooked up to my rear brake because i never use it anyways.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes Ducati Omaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts