Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed new handle bars on my 959 which are not threaded so I cannot use my old weighted bar ends, which I believe weighed 160 grams a piece. Just wondering about everyone's experience with weighted bar ends on the Panigale. Do certain people insist on having weighted bar ends? Do some people make the claim that weighted bar ends are simply not necessary on the Panigale? Do certain people claim that bar ends on a Panigale need to be a certain weight or more to actually be effective? Anyways, I was looking into getting the weighted bar ends off a Monster 1200/s/r, but I'm not sure how much those weigh... They don't seem to be as hefty as the threaded/weighted Panigale bar ends that weigh about 160g a piece... So rather than just go ahead a drop money on them, I thought I'd get your experience ahead of time. What's everyone's take? Thank you.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Per my previous response on this topic, HVMP are a popular choice among BMW RR and XR riders:
HVMP Motorcycle Bar Ends to Reduce Vibrations

However, I went the opposite direction and installed lightweight carbon fiber lever guards instead.

I didn't even see that they marketed any to Ducati riders and wasn't aware that it was an issue on the Panigale prior to your mentioning it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Ghettobird,

I was thinking about getting these same bar ends as a few other members have also bought these and had positive things to say about them.

Few questions, when you say you got the optional additional long inner, do you mean the extra weighted inner (7oz) to help with vibration?

Also, how hard are they to put on? Is it basically remove the OM ones and screw these in?

I bought some CNC racing bar ends which I like but I was not sure how to install as the directions are very unclear so looking to maybe use some that are easier to install ;) yeah I know total noob here...

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Ghettobird,

I was thinking about getting these same bar ends as a few other members have also bought these and had positive things to say about them.

Few questions, when you say you got the optional additional long inner, do you mean the extra weighted inner (7oz) to help with vibration?

Also, how hard are they to put on? Is it basically remove the OM ones and screw these in?

I bought some CNC racing bar ends which I like but I was not sure how to install as the directions are very unclear so looking to maybe use some that are easier to install ;) yeah I know total noob here...

Thanks!

Which CNC bar ends did you get? I might be interested in them if you don't want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have these on my bike, and i have no vibrations. Extra light compared to originals.
*Ducati Extralight Bar Ends CNC Racing

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting the Long Stainless Steel Sato Racing Weighted Bar Ends... Because I have handle bars on my bike, I couldn't use the 'extra' inner weights that can screw on the end... I also had to cut about 1/2" off one side to fit all the way into my bars... The reason why I got these weighted bar ends: 1) they look relatively nice... they're not quite as utilitarian as the HVMP bar ends (although I would've easily lived with the HVMP if I had to). 2) They are substantially heavier than other weighted bar ends. (up there with HVMP). And for the record, with these very heavy bar ends, I notice a heck of a lot of difference in reduced vibrations. Totally worth it. Not like the vibes are that bad to begin with, and I could've easily lived without any bar ends, but having these really heavy ones makes the ride even more smooth and plush. I wouldn't have it any other way. And in no way am I knocking HVMP. In fact, I feel grateful that they offer what they do. Because in all my research, not many manufacturers actually make really heavy weighted bar ends.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have these on my bike, and i have no vibrations. Extra light compared to originals.
*Ducati Extralight Bar Ends CNC Racing

Did you have to buy special hardware to mount both together or did one or the other come with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the mirrors bolt, they expanded better.
If you need help with other products and haw to mount them, ask Malav at designcorse.com.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wanted to post some photos so you could see how these look. They don't look too bad with the Pro Grip 717's and the CF CRG levers. Everything 'gels' well together. I kinda like these bar ends because they're not overly 'bling-bling', look somewhat natural, and have just the right amount of flair to not be too distracting nor too boring and look out of place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
@Flowbrook - I'm curious to know what you have the right keypad set up for, just to the left of the Stop/Start switch stock housing...?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I have installed new handle bars on my 959 which are not threaded so I cannot use my old weighted bar ends
Why did you change your handlebars?
What didn't you like about the stockers and what features were you seeking as an alternative?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pure and simple, more comfortable (upright) riding position (at least for me) for commuting, sport-touring, and aggressive street.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Very interesting. If you haven't already posted about it, let us know what you bought, challenges if any and show us some photos.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I added the Sato racing Weighted, with the Long weights and can say they made a big difference. On rides where i was getting the hand tingling it pretty much went away. I noticed a decent difference in feeling from the stock ones. Although it seems they are about the same weight in your hand, something with the long bar must dissipate the vibrations. They shipped quick and look great.

D.Brisson 2016 959

·
Registered
3 Posts
One of the first mods I did on my 959 was getting weighted bar ends. I went with these [snip] SATO RACING | Handle Bar Ends - 14-16mm / 18-19mm - Ducati - KTM - Aprilia[/url] and are happy with them. To be honest I'm not really sure if they made a difference since I changed out the stock bar ends fairly quickly after getting my 959. I got the long bar ends with the optional additional long inner.

I have been trying to research a bit but cant find info, do those Sato's fit on stock handlebars or do we need to replace? Also, any info if that set up could hold CRG mirrors? I know Kyle has ones with a crg slot but am curious how Sato's do.

thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts