Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not want to sell my, paid for, 2011 848 EVO, but something came up and she had to go. (Sold for for $800 more than I paid, after 11,000 miles.) Thought for sure that I would miss that SSSA, but I do not.

A few months later I stole another DUCATI. (2016 Nine 5 nine with 480 miles.) I am soooo in love with my, finally broken in, Nine 5 nine Panigale!!! (Already had a smoked windscreen and a fender eliminator. THUMBS UP on those!! Included cover and stand are not mods.)

Mods after three months are 1. Ferrari red PAZZO shortly levers. ALWAYS my first purchase. (No need to upgrade the clutch slave, like on the 848.) 2. Seat cowl!! TOTALLY worth the overpriced $320. Of course I removed the passenger pegs. 3. I bought Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs even before the levers because I could not ride with corn yellow, low beam halogens. The dim and matching Phillips held me over until I bought, for $109, LASFIT 90W, 10,000 lumen, SUPER BRIGHT LED'S. A must for the baby Panigale! BADASS lights!! 4. EVOETECH radiator guard because my 848 had a couple of small dings. THUMBS UP on that. 5. Throttle spacers. They are a winner!!! 6. EVOTECH fork & swing armsliders.

I am super satisfied and pretty much done. My bike (IMO) looks SUPER DUPER BADASS and I ride it like I stole it. Would love an aftermarket exhaust but am not overpaying that much. I still need bar end weights.

Thanks to all the forum members who share their knowledge, experience and informational threads / posts.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Enjoy the nice upgrade you made. I also loved my 848evo but the 959 is a great thing.

Reactions: SSMOKE

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Depending how you ride, you may want to consider dropping a tooth on your front sprocket.
I found it to be a big performance bang for your buck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
have you installed the LASFIT 90W, 10,000 lumen, SUPER BRIGHT LED'S yet? Is it possible to get some pictures of the fitment?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
You probably won't miss the SSSA until you remove the rear wheel. lol! And I don't care how easy it may be, nothing as is easy as with the SSWA. lol!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending how you ride, you may want to consider dropping a tooth on your front sprocket.
I found it to be a big performance bang for your buck.
Two mods that were a "MUST HAVE" IMO on the 848 were a smaller front sprocket and if you had shorty levers, a larger fluid capacity clutch slave. Strangely and fortunately because I am nearly out of cash, I do not feel that I need either on my 959.

have you installed the LASFIT 90W, 10,000 lumen, SUPER BRIGHT LED'S yet? Is it possible to get some pictures of the fitment?

Thanks,
I took some pictures yesterday of those SUPER BRIGHT WHITE 90W, 10,000 lumen LASFIT LED's installed. I need to upload them. When you say fitment, what specifically are you asking for? They are complete PLUG & PLAY and it is elementary school easy to remove the trim on the inside of the fairing and double side tape the driver completely out of sight.

You probably won't miss the SSSA until you remove the rear wheel. lol! And I don't care how easy it may be, nothing as is easy as with the SSWA. lol!
Don't get me wrong, I wish the Baby Panigale had a SSSA. I just don't miss the looks of it, like I thought I would.

·
Registered
118 Posts
TBH I dont mind not having SSSA now days.

I only thing I miss is finding cheap lightweight wheels. The 1299 S/R wheels are always for sale cheap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took some pictures yesterday of those SUPER BRIGHT WHITE 90W, 10,000 lumen LASFIT LED's installed. I need to upload them. When you say fitment, what specifically are you asking for? They are complete PLUG & PLAY and it is elementary school easy to remove the trim on the inside of the fairing and double side tape the driver completely out of sight.
Thanks and I'll be waiting for the pictures. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts