Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So, I'm wondering if these are problematic with the ecu flash.
I installed throttle spacers 5 years ago on my 959. Everything has been fine with them.
3 weeks ago, I took out the ECU and brought it to 2wheel dynoworks to get it flashed. I brought it home, installed it, ran the bike in neutral for a few minutes and everything seemed fine.
Last week, I installed the sprint race air filter. That required removing the gas tank.
Saturday, I dropped the bike off at 2wheel dynoworks to get tuned. I started up the 959 to load it. When I let out the clutch, it would go up to like 4k rpm for about 20 seconds then settle down. This was with me giving it no throttle input.
When I dropped it off, I told them about the increased rpm. They said with a flash that was expected.
Tonight I got a call about it from 2wheel about the rpm issue. I can only think that it is one of 3 things:
1. The ECU flash is fubar - ed
2. I did something screwy when replacing the gas tank (left off a breather tube or something)
3. The spacers are making it so the throttle is open a little with the ecu flash now and it settles down after a bit

I'm thinking #3 is the most likely. Has anyone else had an issue with the throttle spacers and an ecu flash?

Tony

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
It isn't the spacers, I wouldn't waste your time looking at those as your problem. It's probably the flash, if it was a vac leak it would be a problem all the time, not just with the clutch out.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't the spacers, I wouldn't waste your time looking at those as your problem. It's probably the flash, if it was a vac leak it would be a problem all the time, not just with the clutch out.
Yea, that all makes sense. The bike is still at the dyno shop. Just wanted to see if there was anything that I did wrong and rule that all out.

I agree that the flash sounds like the most likely culprit. Everything else seems like it would affect rpms whether in neutral or with the clutch in or out.

I'll post back here once this all gets sorted out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have similar issues with my 899. It’s been happening for a few years now. So… every year I take it to the shop and have them clean the throttle bodies and reset the APU and throttle adaptations. That solves my problem for another year or so.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This ended up being the flash. They got it sorted out now though.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Forewarned
1 - 5 of 5 Posts