Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On one of my later sessions during a track day, I'm waiting in the pit to begin the session. Line starts moving so I start the bike but the check engine light comes on. Bike is in limp mode as try to move to the side. I restart the bike to see if the check engine light will go off on its own. It's still on but the bike was no longer in limp mode. For the rest of the day, the check engine light stays on but the bike rode normal.

The next day, the check engine light went off on its own. I used MelcoDiag to read the fault codes and P2120 and P2121 (throttle position errors) came up.

I've experience similar symptoms about a year ago right after installing my RapidBike EVO module. Yaman from RapidBike had helped me restore some seemingly broken settings in the module and the issues went away so I didn't think much of it. Now I'm trying to figure out if this recent mishap is related to RapidBike or not. If not, is this fault code serious and need to be resolved by Ducati?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Huh. So speaking of this. I just took my '18 CORSE into the Dealer for something like this. For the better part of 2.5 years never had a problem with the bike. Dolores is at 6,906 miles and has 7 Track days under her belt in the 12 months, running in equal parts Novice and Intermediate Groups. Before that it was just ho-hum street riding and back road riding shenanigan's. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Last week, I go to ride into work and the Throttle has no response after its started and at idle. Like no response. ZERO. So wheel her back into the garage, try it again and when she starts she goes immediately to 4.5k RPM. At this point I can rev the Throttle but something is wrong and the CEL is on. I disconnect the battery for 5 min and yet again it does it.

Luckily I have an extended warranty cause I would gather its either the throttle, ECU or throttle bodies not reading correctly, and I would hate to TS that.

Dolores is stock, with just the Throttle spacers and some other odds and ends that have nothing to do with the engine. Mostly cosmetic, below is from VIR last month.

-J

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took my '18 CORSE into the Dealer for something like this.

Luckily I have an extended warranty cause I would gather its either the throttle, ECU or throttle bodies not reading correctly, and I would hate to TS that.
Any updates on what did the dealer said and did regarding your throttle issue?

Yaman told me my issue MAY be caused a bad installation of the TPS connections for the RapidBike. I'll have to spend some time reviewing the installation but that will be a winter project.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I had a throttle problem I'd start the bike and it would immediately rev to the moon. I unplugged the throttle and restarted the bike, it idled normal. I bought a used ebay throttle and plugged it in, problem solved. Everything works like it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts