Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ive got a set of throttle spacers coming as well. Most forums rave about the difference. We will know soon enough. Will post my thoughts once I throw them on.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Reactions: bucfan444

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Interesting... I never noticed an issue with that on the 1199. It does have that slack, but I don't feel it while riding.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Interesting... I never noticed an issue with that on the 1199. It does have that slack, but I don't feel it while riding.
You may be right here as far as not noticing. Let me get the bike first, (within two weeks) and I'll decide from there.

Reactions: dougo1199

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I'm waiting for my shipment from panigalespacers.com - should arrive tomorrow I think

·
Registered
76 Posts
Panigalespacers.com ( they are actually on eBay )
I didn't know Ducati even had spacers. Can't they just throw those on when they are assembling the d**n thing and charge $30 more for the bike.
The 'Ducati' ones are not factory parts. I beleive they were commissioned by a dealer; Ducati Omaha, I think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed mine last night. I didn't really notice the slack until I read about it on here, but I like the more precise fit just on principle. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you guys know what kind of plastic they used to make the spacers? It looks like the spacers were 3D printed, so I feel like if I just had the dimensions I could 3D print one for a lot cheaper than $30, unless there is some other special things happening that I'm unaware of.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
...I feel like if I just had the dimensions I could 3D print one for a lot cheaper than $30, unless there is some other special things happening that I'm unaware of.
you definitely could, but why would you invest time and money when you can just have it done and completed - that's why I got them coming. Just going through testing different manufacturers materials would take weeks if not longer...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yay installed my spacers last night, very easy. Although I shot one of the tri Y screws across the room and couldnt find it so I just replaced with small Phillips in case I need to get back in there, definitely snappy.

DB

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have to agree with you all - I added the spacers today and I love the direct response from the grip. It's immediate now.

It's the little things that count...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Thanks for your input @rucks22,
I ordered a set just in case I don't like the throttle response.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I looked up some videos on YouTube about the spaces, and I think I'd really like the elimination of the play in the throttle, but does anyone know of any disadvantages that might come with these spacers, if any?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts