Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rosso 111 update.
Just got 8200km (5095mi) out of the rear.
Not much difference to the OEM tyre. Similar traction, better mileage.
Only got 4300km out of the OEM rear.
Highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
d
Rosso 111 update.
Highly recommended.
Thanks for the report on the Rosso III. I will definitely be putting that on next.
I also changed my EBC to minimum braking after reading your comment on it previously. You are right. The super accelerated rear tyre wear slowed down. I didn't realise how much I had become accustomed to using throttle as the brake. It did take a couple of rides to acclimate to using the brakes more though.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Rosso 111 update.
Highly recommended.
You seem to be getting great tire life and really even wear. Can I ask what are you running as far as tire pressures? I've not been able to get even close to that kind of milage. I think the best I've gotten with the OE Rossa is around 2k miles. All backroads but obviously not 100% curves. I run whatever the factory recommend tire pressures are that are written on the vin tag... which I believe is 38 psi for the rear? (I could be wrong on that) Electronics settings = Engine Mode: Race / High - Rider Aids: 3/3/1

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gidday Dougo1199,

I check my tyre pressure before every ride and set both front and rear @ 36psi (cold). My portable tyre gauge is not accurate so i use the one down the road at the servo when fueling up.
Electronic settings.......EBC 3.....DTC 3.......ABS 1
Engine mode Race/High
I try to stay off the highways where possible to make it interesting which is pretty hard in Perth.
The tyre shop pumped my new Rosso 111 at 40psi for towning around.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Gidday Dougo1199,

I check my tyre pressure before every ride and set both front and rear @ 36psi (cold). My portable tyre gauge is not accurate so i use the one down the road at the servo when fueling up.
Electronic settings.......EBC 3.....DTC 3.......ABS 1
Engine mode Race/High
I try to stay off the highways where possible to make it interesting which is pretty hard in Perth.
The tyre shop pumped my new Rosso 111 at 40psi for towning around.
Thanks for the info! It looks as though are settings are about identical. The pressure I listed was 'cold' as well. I know I run a few more PSI in the rear so I'm thinking the 38 psi is correct. It must be your added highway milage and perhaps a different riding style that is making the difference in the tire wear. Very interesting though... I love tire threads! lol

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
34 psi front and rear here, no highway miles, just backroads. 1000 miles now on my second set of Pirellis and it looks like I might get 2000 miles out of the pair....fingers crossed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
34 psi front and rear here, no highway miles, just backroads. 1000 miles now on my second set of Pirellis and it looks like I might get 2000 miles out of the pair....fingers crossed.
Give the Rosso 111 a go (180/55). U seem to be changing out on a regular basis so I'm sure if u don't like the Rosso 111 u can change back.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
That's right about where I am, Kruz. I get about two rears to one front.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Don't know yet about the front, my first one started going squirrelly as I approached 2000 miles so I changed it out. So far this one feels good but only has about 600 miles on it. Rear got changed at 1600 miles due to picking up a nail, I plugged it but I just don't trust those so changed it, now has about 1000 miles. I push on the front end pretty hard so I get about equal mileage from both, guessing 2000 miles each then rinse, wash, repeat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
First set of Rear Rosso's last 5000kms for rear (front was good but sold it)
When to supercorsa's for some track days and "winter" riding (30deg'C winter) think around 4000kms
Now have Metzeller's M7RR's. 3000kms in.......

·
Registered
64 Posts
First set of Rear Rosso's last 5000kms for rear (front was good but sold it)
When to supercorsa's for some track days and "winter" riding (30deg'C winter) think around 4000kms
Now have Metzeller's M7RR's. 3000kms in.......
What size did u put on the rear?
I'd b interested in what your thoughts r on the M7RR and the total Milage u end up getting out of it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
65-75 degrees here in New York the last couple of days, cranked out another 300 miles on dusty roads, rear solidly working on the wear bar on the left off center shoulder, just nicked the wear bar on the front in the same area.

2,356 miles, two track days, a lot of twisty 55-70mph back roads. 33.5 PSI front 33 PSI rear.

Going to replace with one more set of OEM tires this spring then possibly venture into something else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What size did u put on the rear?
I'd b interested in what your thoughts r on the M7RR and the total Milage u end up getting out of it.
I put a 190/55 on rear.
I only really noticed handling difference when you lean right over it takes a little more "input" than with 180/60. But round town riding, you wont notice much.
Ive done around 3000kms (Wet season) so far on mostly straight roads with a few fast twists here are there. I got a track day coming up in April so be interesting to see how they go.

I running 36 psi front and 38-40 rear mainly for mileage.

So far I can't fault them. Locally they are about $150 a pair cheaper than Supercorsa's. Have a mate on a S1000R who is currently 14000kms on a set.

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you are using your bikes on highway frequently , than you should change rear tire after 3000 miles and front after 3500 miles.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Reviving an old but good thread

Although with good intentions, I screwed-up half my of tire choices this year.
I replaced both OEM Rosso Corsa's on the Panigale with SuperCorsa's but did not go to the track. Duh!
Now being more than halfway past their useful life, more so in the middle, I'm stuck with tires that are not particularly good in cold weather. Duh !!

As per my signature, I also ride a Monster 1200R which comes STD with OEM SuperCorsa's. On that beast given the way I ride it (constantly on and off the throttle) that rear SC lasted just about 4000kms. SC's are not a good choice for the M1200R's torque ridden exclusively that way. The only good decision I've made is to replace it with a Rosso III. That one is lasting surprisingly good so far.

Next year for the Panigale: decisions? decisions?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update: So my Rosso 2 gave me about 9000 miles. I wanted to get the same again but also wanted to try the Rosso 3, because I think it has more compound in the center for highway riding? Anyways, I am very happy with Rosso 2.

Rosso 3 feel really good too.

Is there a pressure gauge you find that works fairly good for you guys? I've come across information that the gauges can have deviation from "real" reading unless they are certified calibrated or you get them calibrated?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I got 1600 miles out of my rear Pirelli Rosso Corsa, 2050 miles out of the front Pirelli Rosso Corsa.

Both front and rear were pretty knackered at this point, beyond the wear bars for sure.

Tire pressure front and rear 33 psi.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
So my Rosso 2 gave me about 9000 miles.

I am in awe of this, if I can get more than 1500 miles out of a rear tire, I am ecstatic

81 - 100 of 106 Posts