Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi guys! Just had a flat tire on my way back home from work today. Luckily I was close to a friend’s place so rode there and now my bike is in his garage. It also comes at a time where I was thinking of getting a new set anyway to replace my OEMs. I have ~ 7500 miles on them.
I don’t track and most of my riding is on highways. Any recommendations? Just got with another set of OEMs or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
...replace my OEMs. I have ~ 7500 miles on them.
Wow, 7500 miles on Rosso Corsas? I'd recommend Rosso IIIs as they're more geared toward mileage but retain performance with a thick section on the sides with a softer compound. My Rosso III front tire has lasted 7000 miles, with 300 miles being at the track, and the rest being about 40% spirited/aggressive and 60% highway. My Rosso III rear tire has lasted roughly 5000 miles under the same conditions as the front, yet looks fairly thick in thread. I expect another 3000-5000 easily.

You could consider the next step beyond that and get Pirelli Angels, which are a non-performance, purely mileage rated tire. I'd recommend PR4s or PR5s over those though, which are more rain street tires which have shown to wear well for street use (~10k+ miles).

·
Registered
892 Posts
Definitely shop around the local shops too. I often compare prices between Revzilla, JP Cycles, Cycle Gear, and a couple local shops. I've found that in terms of pricing, Cycle Gear > Revzilla > JP Cycles > one of my local shops. That local shop also has discounts if you mount it with them, so in the end, my local shop is cheapest in both parts and labor.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i need to replace my tires big time but i notice how my tire wears is so different from all you guys.... and i got like a little over 6k miles i dont ride hard but enjoy the commute and cruise.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Reviving an old but good thread

Although with good intentions, I screwed-up half my of tire choices this year.
I replaced both OEM Rosso Corsa's on the Panigale with SuperCorsa's but did not go to the track. Duh!
Now being more than halfway past their useful life, more so in the middle, I'm stuck with tires that are not particularly good in cold weather. Duh !!

As per my signature, I also ride a Monster 1200R which comes STD with OEM SuperCorsa's. On that beast given the way I ride it (constantly on and off the throttle) that rear SC lasted just about 4000kms. SC's are not a good choice for the M1200R's torque ridden exclusively that way. The only good decision I've made is to replace it with a Rosso III. That one is lasting surprisingly good so far.

Next year for the Panigale: decisions? decisions?
Following-up on my own post, I did wind-up going to the track and thus replaced those worn SC with another pair. Their outstanding grip and feel on a track day is more than an offest for being a poor choice for the street. For those that never intend to go out on a track day, I would suggest Rosso III as a good choice in the Pirelli line-up because of their wide range of operating temperature, fast warm-up, high mileage and good adhesion in various road conditions. They're also a bit cheaper than Rosso Corsa 2's.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts