Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
That is the first time I will replace tires on my 959, my riding style is mostly doing mountain twisties, no track days.
Did see some great reviews on the Pirelli rosso III and wandered is that the best choice for my style?

Thanks in advance for any input,
Reuven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
For what it's worth, I have both the Rosso 3 on the Monster and I'm on my second set of SuperCorsa's on the Panigale.
It seems like ions ago that I had the OEM Rosso Corsa's on the Pani therefore I can't remember the actual difference.
What I can honestly tell you now is that the SC's will last as long as the RC's. Durability being equal, and you're looking for stickiness, the SC's are a better choice. Moreover, I can sometimes feel the Rosso 3's rear tire doing the "Cuchi Cuchi" albeit the Monster has tons more torque.

But there's a "But".
The SC's don't heat up as fast and most likely not as good in the cold or rain which is why I'm using Rosso 3's on the M1200R.

Reactions: RoadSwimmer

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah if you aren't doing any track days, get the more mileage oriented Rosso IIIs, heck, I'd even recommend the Rosso III's if you are doing track days because there will be a point where you'll know when you need something better.

If you are fast street rider and dragging knee regularly on the twisties, then I think you know the right choice otherwise.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Possibly in the minority here but Id recommend the Michelin Power RS. I started a thread about them here previously somewhere. They heat up very quickly and are SUPER sticky (I use them for track days as well). Also can't believe how long they are lasting. Have done two track days plus 1000 road miles and will not need to replace them until my first track day next year and even then it will only be because of the tread requirements with the organization I ride with. I also have a buddy who rides an FZ-10 in the advanced group and he gets 3 track days (with tire warmers albeit) and about 2k street miles before needing replacement. I will probably run this tire exclusively as long as they make it. Only downside is the tread pattern isn't nearly as visually appealing as the Pirelli's... but we ride Panigale's who cares about looks anyway lol....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Possibly in the minority here but Id recommend the Michelin Power RS. I started a thread about them here previously somewhere. They heat up very quickly and are SUPER sticky (I use them for track days as well). Also can't believe how long they are lasting. Have done two track days plus 1000 road miles and will not need to replace them until my first track day next year and even then it will only be because of the tread requirements with the organization I ride with. I also have a buddy who rides an FZ-10 in the advanced group and he gets 3 track days (with tire warmers albeit) and about 2k street miles before needing replacement. I will probably run this tire exclusively as long as they make it. Only downside is the tread pattern isn't nearly as visually appealing as the Pirelli's... but we ride Panigale's who cares about looks anyway lol....
+1 on the Michelin Power RS. I ride aggressively on mountain road twisty sections and these tires seem to lack nothing compared to the stock OEM tires, and they are providing close to double the useful life. Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I really like the spin @DJ Shrug wrote. If you're of a caliber that can drag your knees on the street, then you don't need advice here. Heck, I'm too chicken to even attempt that and I have about 5mm left of chicken strips left on the right side of my Monster's Rosso 3. The Rosso 3 will tell you when it's close to the limit. For me, that means backing-off. However, if you're there regularly on the Pani, then you'll know it's time to step up to something stickier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone here have experience with the Metzeler Racetec RR or Bridgestone RS10? Both are appealing and i'm getting close to needing new tires. I do some solid hooning in the mountains here in TN and hope on doing a track day later this month so i'd prefer something sticky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts