Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while I was at work, I decided to check the weather and to my surprise a giant green cloud on radar map was hanging over the 15 min route home. I quickly gathered my gear and headed home. Half way home I hit "End of Days" type rainfall at night (8pm). Without hesitation I switched the bike mapping to WET Mode. This is my first bike with electronics, I was very pleased with how the bike handled in the torrential down pour. Once I was off the highway a couple residential streets I had to cross were without exaggeration, mini river crossings. I give credit to the WET Mode and quality stock tires, and ZERO credit to the illogical people that drive on highways with hazards lights just because it's heavily raining.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Half way home I hit "End of Days" type rainfall at night (8pm). Without hesitation I switched the bike mapping to WET Mode.
Less resistance against the water with only one wheel up? :laugh: (Jokes, the wheelie thread here has it as Wheelie Enabled Takeoff mode)

I usually don't ride if there's more than 50% chance of rain at any point in the day, but I'm sure that your experience is consistent with how well the Panigale was meant to handle and the decent performance of the Rossa Corsa's in the rain.

...ZERO credit to the illogical people that drive on highways with hazards lights just because it's heavily raining.
Indeed, while it might be done in good intention, often when I see it, they are moving slow (almost dangerously for the given conditions) and signifying, "hey everyone, my hazards are on because I AM the hazard."

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I have been caught out on my 959 once so far. It was a heavy down pour on the back roads. I kept the bike in race mode but slowed the pace considerably. I was really impressed with the feel of the stock tires.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I commuted for about a year on a bike rain or shine and people don't realize how good traction is on a bike in the wet of done correctly. The electronics just give us so much more of a safety bible in case we do something stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
My Wheelie Enabled Takeoff mode is called RACE - WET mode is for when I let a friend ride it, it's basically a 600 at that mode ;)

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Today while I was at work, I decided to check the weather and to my surprise a giant green cloud on radar map was hanging over the 15 min route home. I quickly gathered my gear and headed home. Half way home I hit "End of Days" type rainfall at night (8pm). Without hesitation I switched the bike mapping to WET Mode. This is my first bike with electronics, I was very pleased with how the bike handled in the torrential down pour. Once I was off the highway a couple residential streets I had to cross were without exaggeration, mini river crossings. I give credit to the WET Mode and quality stock tires, and ZERO credit to the illogical people that drive on highways with hazards lights just because it's heavily raining.
When I was in Houston for work a couple months ago, I was told that you are supposed to turn on your hazards if you hit torrential downpours and need to drive below the speed limit in Texas.

Now I'm curious about it...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts