Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the last week giving us New Englanders 3 days of 50+ weather I decided to get the bike out of storage for the next time temps warm up. First time it's been in the garage! Was practically bouncing around the garage.

In the last picture is a product the dealer sent. Has anyone heard of this or used it? I know the Honda detail spray seems to be popular.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Looks great! Congrats! I haven't heard of that Wizards Wipe Down - and quite honestly there's no reason for me to try any other product on the market unless I can't get my hands on my Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish anymore ;)

I'm no professional painter - but from what I understand there's 2 types of matte - the first is actually like the label on that Wizards product states - "Matte Paint Detailer" for Paint that's matte without a clear cote. The second is like what's on the fabulous panels of our Arctic White Silk Ducati's - matte clear cote over paint.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had picked up Wizards from my dealer. Seems to work fine the couple of times I used it and thats what they were using at the shop.

If that's your garage, goddamn! And if that's your living room, never mind :D

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'm familiar with the Wizards brand. Used to use it back in my car sales days. I believe it's a pretty decent product. I've been using Plexus on my bikes and helmets for years, but I would like to try the Honda polish as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great! Congrats! I haven't heard of that Wizards Wipe Down - and quite honestly there's no reason for me to try any other product on the market unless I can't get my hands on my Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish anymore ;)

I'm no professional painter - but from what I understand there's 2 types of matte - the first is actually like the label on that Wizards product states - "Matte Paint Detailer" for Paint that's matte without a clear cote. The second is like what's on the fabulous panels of our Arctic White Silk Ducati's - matte clear cote over paint.
Thanks! I know the Honda stuff doesn't cost much I'll probably get a can and try both see which one I like better.

I had picked up Wizards from my dealer. Seems to work fine the couple of times I used it and thats what they were using at the shop.

If that's your garage, goddamn! And if that's your living room, never mind :D
I will give it a shot. LMAO it's my garage. Happend to pick up a tv the other day and hadn't taken the box out. Totally saw it in the picture but ehh...i was too excited to care :grin2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm familiar with the Wizards brand. Used to use it back in my car sales days. I believe it's a pretty decent product. I've been using Plexus on my bikes and helmets for years, but I would like to try the Honda polish as well.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely going to give the Honda spray a try.

Still waiting on insurance (literally the slowest and some of the most frustrating people) and it's going to be crazy cold this weekend. So instead of riding I'll put the stand spools on and put it up on the pitbull stand that has been patiently waiting. Hopefully will have insurance and register it on Monday.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
congrats gatesb77, just picked my AWS 959 last week also! going to give Wizards a try. Thanks for posting!
Thanks! Only been out a limited time as the weather turned for the worse. Thanks New England.

I saw your other thread! Congrats on both bikes!! I see your other bike is the new Triumph Bobber. What are your thougt's on it? I was also looking at that bike but the Duc's forces were stronger :wink2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey gatesb77, the Bobber has surpassed my expectations! Can confirm that the hype about it is WELL DESERVED. Think it turns more heads than the Panigale!

Got a Yin & Yang combo going on... Extremely happy with both!!

here's a couple pics of it:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts