Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last season it was the transformation form street bike to track bike. This season is the transformation for track bike to race bike. Going into it I pondered if it was a foolish endeavor since the V2 was just released and I will end up getting one. I was hoping a lot of my parts wold just bolt onto V2 and I would just have to wait for plastics to come out, sadly the is not the case. So I decided that I would go forward with the 959 for this season, which wasn’t a hard decision to make as I love this bike. Before the comments come yes I know that I will have to be racing liter bikes in CCS and I am fine with that, but this reality has me looking to squeeze a bit more power out of the bike. Bike is currently in the shop getting an overhaul as I type, here are the changes we are making to go racing.

+New fairings with removable CF belly pan
+Akra Ti manifolds - I previously was just running slips
+Remapping with Tuneboy for new mani/headers + tuned for VP T4 race gas
-Switching from BSD Blip Box Pro to the TuneBoy quickshift system to hopefully get rid of some quirks I had last season and to get rid of some extraneous hardware
+Changing to flat linkage and adjustable ride height
+Servicing Öhlins carts and shock, adding stiffer springs up front
+I2M Chrome Pro Dash - eliminating the AIM Solo 2 Dl from my cockpit, less clutter and data analysis software that runs native on Mac
+Removing ABS module, new brake lines, BSD setup

I think that is the gist of it, pics to come soon

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9 Posts
So last season it was the transformation form street bike to track bike. This season is the transformation for track bike to race bike. Going into it I pondered if it was a foolish endeavor since the V2 was just released and I will end up getting one. I was hoping a lot of my parts wold just bolt onto V2 and I would just have to wait for plastics to come out, sadly the is not the case. So I decided that I would go forward with the 959 for this season, which wasn’t a hard decision to make as I love this bike. Before the comments come yes I know that I will have to be racing liter bikes in CCS and I am fine with that, but this reality has me looking to squeeze a bit more power out of the bike. Bike is currently in the shop getting an overhaul as I type, here are the changes we are making to go racing.

+New fairings with removable CF belly pan
+Akra Ti manifolds - I previously was just running slips
+Remapping with Tuneboy for new mani/headers + tuned for VP T4 race gas
-Switching from BSD Blip Box Pro to the TuneBoy quickshift system to hopefully get rid of some quirks I had last season and to get rid of some extraneous hardware
+Changing to flat linkage and adjustable ride height
+Servicing Öhlins carts and shock, adding stiffer springs up front
+I2M Chrome Pro Dash - eliminating the AIM Solo 2 Dl from my cockpit, less clutter and data analysis software that runs native on Mac
+Removing ABS module, new brake lines, BSD setup

I think that is the gist of it, pics to come soon
How seemless/compatible is the install of the I2M Pro on the 959. Searching the company website does not show any mention of 959 compatibility and email to them returned a somewhat cryptic response saying that they have never actually tested it on a 959 and it would possibly throw an error. That’s it , that’s all they said.’
So any luck with it?

I2M direct quote:

“We never tested it on the 959 but some of our customers use it, probably displaying an error on the error page.”

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How seemless/compatible is the install of the I2M Pro on the 959. Searching the company website does not show any mention of 959 compatibility and email to them returned a somewhat cryptic response saying that they have never actually tested it on a 959 and it would possibly throw an error. That’s it , that’s all they said.’
So any luck with it?

I2M direct quote:

“We never tested it on the 959 but some of our customers use it, probably displaying an error on the error page.”
I will let you know, it is being installed right now.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost I ended up getting some new rear sets and a new clutch that are slightly stuck in customs. Maybe this week.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who knows man, might be done this week but as crazy as things are here in NY I am not in a hurry to pick it up rn

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So got the bike back and feeling pretty good about the setup. Just hoping to be able to get in track early may hopefully first CCS round end of may.

Couple things, I2M dash does not support 959, they have 899/1199/1299 support but not 959. Mine is set to 1299 rn and shows an error code on the diag page and shows a value for DWC which doesn’t exist obvsly. Everything else is working no problem. Now I will say it is a lot to spend for something that isn’t a seamless solution, I will confirm everything is functioning correct after first weekend in may.

With tuneboy we were able to gain just over 10rwhp 144.96 with 74.16 torque (on VP T4), with new quick shift and auto blip running smoothly. I think this version of tuneboy has launch control so I will report back on that also after first weekend. Also I ended up adding a Ti header mani pipes that helped get the numbers up also

New fairing are armoire bodies and the fit and finish is much nicer than the MotoXp fairing I had previously and they allow for the carbon belly catch pan that we installed.

New Ducati Corse RS rearsets are very nice, way more adjustment options and narrower foot pegs for more clearance. I was dragging my woodcrafta all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to find this posting and thanks for sharing your experience with the I2M + 959.
Early this year, I set up I2M Chrome Lite on my brand-new 959 for track rides.
I tried 899 setup first but just found the gear indicator and DTC setting don't work at all. I tried 1299 setup and everything looked working fine!

But on my last trackday, I just realized that ABS setting value, that was once set up correctly, changed after the actual riding (I think it changed even with a few meters' riding).
My setup was (1) DTC 3, ABS 1, EBC 1, DQS On and Power High for the [Sport mode] and (2) DTC 1, ABS Off, EBC 2, DQS On and Power High for the [Race mode].
When I ran with Sport mode, I found the ABS mode changed to Off instead of 1, that I set up for the Sport mode. And with Race mode, it changed to 1 instead of 'Off'.
I wonder if you experienced the same thing or any similar.

While checking the channels with Danas and comparing it with the channels list on the I2M manual(for 899) I found that DTC and DQS have their own dedicated channels but it's a bit ambiguous for ABS, EBC and Power. It seemed to me that the channel named with 'Vuota5', that is matching to 'Multi6' on the manual, is being used for ABS only or for a combination of ABS, EBC and Power. I wonder if it might be possibly generating some misconfiguration or mis-indication when the 1299 setting is applied on 959 because 1299 has more options like DWC, that could be supposed to be added to the 'combination'.

I'm almost sure that DTC and DQS work correctly as they are set up and displayed. But worrying if the other factors like ABS, EBC and Power are set up and working correctly.

The following is the list of channels that I found while checking my actual riding data with Danas.
(The names are as shown in Danas and the parentheses are from the manual)

Gps speed → GPS Speed
Rpm → RPM
Spd1 → Real Wheel Speed
Spd2 → Front Wheel Speed
TPS (Analog1) → Throttle Position Sensor
TC (Analog8) → Traction Control (actual)
LongAcc[g] → Longitudinal Acceleration (in G)
d(Rpm) → RPM Delta
d(Spd1) → Real Wheel Speed Delta
d(Spd2) → Front Wheel Speed Delta
d(TPS) → TPS Delta
d(TC) → Traction Control Delta
Marce Calcolate → Quick Shifter
Gears ratio → Gear Ratio
Water T. (Multi1) → Water Temperature
Oil (Multi2) → Oil Pressure (1024 or 0)
V.Battery (Multi3) → Battery Voltage
Vuoto3 (Multi4) → Air Temperature
Vuota4 (Multi5) → DTC (setting)
Vuota5 (Multi6) → ABS (setting, Described just as 'Map' in the manual)
Vuoto6 (Multi7) → Gear Position
Vuoto7 (Multi8) → Front Brake Pressure
Vuoto8 (Multi9) → Throttle(?)
Vuoto9 (Multi10) → Throttle(?)
Angle_gps → Lean Angle (- left, + right)
LatAcc[g] → Latitudinal Acceleration (in G)
Altitud. → Unknown (maybe pitch angle?)
Slip → Wheel Speed Difference (Rear - Front)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I converted my street Panigale to a track Panigale last year. Looking to do some upgrades this year. What things would you suggest are a must and what would you suggest to avoid?
Also, what did you do about all the headlight wiring? I just balled it all up and try to hide it best I can haha.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to find this posting and thanks for sharing your experience with the I2M + 959.
Early this year, I set up I2M Chrome Lite on my brand-new 959 for track rides.
I tried 899 setup first but just found the gear indicator and DTC setting don't work at all. I tried 1299 setup and everything looked working fine!

But on my last trackday, I just realized that ABS setting value, that was once set up correctly, changed after the actual riding (I think it changed even with a few meters' riding).
My setup was (1) DTC 3, ABS 1, EBC 1, DQS On and Power High for the [Sport mode] and (2) DTC 1, ABS Off, EBC 2, DQS On and Power High for the [Race mode].
When I ran with Sport mode, I found the ABS mode changed to Off instead of 1, that I set up for the Sport mode. And with Race mode, it changed to 1 instead of 'Off'.
I wonder if you experienced the same thing or any similar.

While checking the channels with Danas and comparing it with the channels list on the I2M manual(for 899) I found that DTC and DQS have their own dedicated channels but it's a bit ambiguous for ABS, EBC and Power. It seemed to me that the channel named with 'Vuota5', that is matching to 'Multi6' on the manual, is being used for ABS only or for a combination of ABS, EBC and Power. I wonder if it might be possibly generating some misconfiguration or mis-indication when the 1299 setting is applied on 959 because 1299 has more options like DWC, that could be supposed to be added to the 'combination'.

I'm almost sure that DTC and DQS work correctly as they are set up and displayed. But worrying if the other factors like ABS, EBC and Power are set up and working correctly.

The following is the list of channels that I found while checking my actual riding data with Danas.
(The names are as shown in Danas and the parentheses are from the manual)

Gps speed → GPS Speed
Rpm → RPM
Spd1 → Real Wheel Speed
Spd2 → Front Wheel Speed
TPS (Analog1) → Throttle Position Sensor
TC (Analog8) → Traction Control (actual)
LongAcc[g] → Longitudinal Acceleration (in G)
d(Rpm) → RPM Delta
d(Spd1) → Real Wheel Speed Delta
d(Spd2) → Front Wheel Speed Delta
d(TPS) → TPS Delta
d(TC) → Traction Control Delta
Marce Calcolate → Quick Shifter
Gears ratio → Gear Ratio
Water T. (Multi1) → Water Temperature
Oil (Multi2) → Oil Pressure (1024 or 0)
V.Battery (Multi3) → Battery Voltage
Vuoto3 (Multi4) → Air Temperature
Vuota4 (Multi5) → DTC (setting)
Vuota5 (Multi6) → ABS (setting, Described just as 'Map' in the manual)
Vuoto6 (Multi7) → Gear Position
Vuoto7 (Multi8) → Front Brake Pressure
Vuoto8 (Multi9) → Throttle(?)
Vuoto9 (Multi10) → Throttle(?)
Angle_gps → Lean Angle (- left, + right)
LatAcc[g] → Latitudinal Acceleration (in G)
Altitud. → Unknown (maybe pitch angle?)
Slip → Wheel Speed Difference (Rear - Front)
It should be set for 1299, you should only pay attn to eh settings under the Panigale menu, not what shows up on main screen as there are discrepancies btwn the 1299 and 959. I dont have ABS on my bike because I removed it but I dont think that the display would be overriding any of the bike ECU settings once you have made the selections.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will show what my settings are in PANIGALE menu and then show what is visible on the main screen, pics to come

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got out on bike couple weekends ago, lots of little things to sort out but over all feeling very good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts