Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last season it was the transformation form street bike to track bike. This season is the transformation for track bike to race bike. Going into it I pondered if it was a foolish endeavor since the V2 was just released and I will end up getting one. I was hoping a lot of my parts wold just bolt onto V2 and I would just have to wait for plastics to come out, sadly the is not the case. So I decided that I would go forward with the 959 for this season, which wasn’t a hard decision to make as I love this bike. Before the comments come yes I know that I will have to be racing liter bikes in CCS and I am fine with that, but this reality has me looking to squeeze a bit more power out of the bike. Bike is currently in the shop getting an overhaul as I type, here are the changes we are making to go racing.

+New fairings with removable CF belly pan
+Akra Ti manifolds - I previously was just running slips
+Remapping with Tuneboy for new mani/headers + tuned for VP T4 race gas
-Switching from BSD Blip Box Pro to the TuneBoy quickshift system to hopefully get rid of some quirks I had last season and to get rid of some extraneous hardware
+Changing to flat linkage and adjustable ride height
+Servicing Öhlins carts and shock, adding stiffer springs up front
+I2M Chrome Pro Dash - eliminating the AIM Solo 2 Dl from my cockpit, less clutter and data analysis software that runs native on Mac
+Removing ABS module, new brake lines, BSD setup

I think that is the gist of it, pics to come soon

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8 Posts
So last season it was the transformation form street bike to track bike. This season is the transformation for track bike to race bike. Going into it I pondered if it was a foolish endeavor since the V2 was just released and I will end up getting one. I was hoping a lot of my parts wold just bolt onto V2 and I would just have to wait for plastics to come out, sadly the is not the case. So I decided that I would go forward with the 959 for this season, which wasn’t a hard decision to make as I love this bike. Before the comments come yes I know that I will have to be racing liter bikes in CCS and I am fine with that, but this reality has me looking to squeeze a bit more power out of the bike. Bike is currently in the shop getting an overhaul as I type, here are the changes we are making to go racing.

+New fairings with removable CF belly pan
+Akra Ti manifolds - I previously was just running slips
+Remapping with Tuneboy for new mani/headers + tuned for VP T4 race gas
-Switching from BSD Blip Box Pro to the TuneBoy quickshift system to hopefully get rid of some quirks I had last season and to get rid of some extraneous hardware
+Changing to flat linkage and adjustable ride height
+Servicing Öhlins carts and shock, adding stiffer springs up front
+I2M Chrome Pro Dash - eliminating the AIM Solo 2 Dl from my cockpit, less clutter and data analysis software that runs native on Mac
+Removing ABS module, new brake lines, BSD setup

I think that is the gist of it, pics to come soon
How seemless/compatible is the install of the I2M Pro on the 959. Searching the company website does not show any mention of 959 compatibility and email to them returned a somewhat cryptic response saying that they have never actually tested it on a 959 and it would possibly throw an error. That’s it , that’s all they said.’
So any luck with it?

I2M direct quote:

“We never tested it on the 959 but some of our customers use it, probably displaying an error on the error page.”

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How seemless/compatible is the install of the I2M Pro on the 959. Searching the company website does not show any mention of 959 compatibility and email to them returned a somewhat cryptic response saying that they have never actually tested it on a 959 and it would possibly throw an error. That’s it , that’s all they said.’
So any luck with it?

I2M direct quote:

“We never tested it on the 959 but some of our customers use it, probably displaying an error on the error page.”
I will let you know, it is being installed right now.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost I ended up getting some new rear sets and a new clutch that are slightly stuck in customs. Maybe this week.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who knows man, might be done this week but as crazy as things are here in NY I am not in a hurry to pick it up rn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts