Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I'm sure this topic has been discussed before but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone here use the "Moto XP" bodywork? If so, what do you think about it? I've been using "Sharkskinz", but looking to save a little coin this go-around. Sharkskinz run around $1100 for the full package. (less the front fender, adding the "superbike" tail.) Moto XP are advertising right around $500 for the full kit.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Moto XP and its been great. Its a little rough in spots but you cannot beat the price.
Good to hear! The price is definitely right! Does the tail fit well? Do you have a stock sub-frame? I have the Motoholders version, so I'm a little concerned with fitment. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Tail took some finessing, I have DB holders sub frame and Race Seat IT seat not to mention a different tank. So my entire setup took some adjusting.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: So I ended up purchasing the Moto XP kit for my 1199. This will make the third brand I've used. (Hotbodies, Sharkskinz, and Moto XP) I would rank them as follows as far as quality. However, the XP kit seems to be a good value. I'll know more once I get through the painting process.
1) Sharkskinz ($1100)
2) Moto XP ($500)
3) Hotbodies (?)

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That nose faring had the largest mold lines. The gelcoat seems to sand fairly easy, but we'll see. lol.

Those don't look too bad. I needed the one piece tail. The hardware was included in the XP kit.

Reactions: Forewarned
1 - 9 of 9 Posts