Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm signed up for a Chuckwalla track event in a couple weeks and need new boots - I tried on Alpinestars SMX Plus and they feel great, just like my old ones. I would get the Vented boots, but here's my question: is there another manufacturer that makes a comparable boot for less? Are the Spidi XP5-S WRS boots as good as the A*? Dainese feel too narrow for my foot, even though I'm told they will break in eventually, they just aren't as comfy as the A*. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you guys that currently do track events or race had to buy a new pair this week for the next event, what would you buy?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did some more homework @mike in o.c. , and now I'm [email protected] bent on getting a perforated white boot and the Cobra Air is only black :( but thank you for the info!

Here's what I've decided my choices are, in no particular order, and I really don't need a MotoGP performance boot:

Forma Ice Pro Flow

Alpinestars SMX Plus Vented
Sidi Mag-1 Air
Alpinestars Supertech R Vented

Which would you buy?

I like the look and the price of the Alpinestars SMX. Plus it gets good reviews. You have a nice choice of color accents with the white color. The sealer for me would be to buy and try them on. To me fit and comfort is the most important beyond the protection. Revzilla is good with returns. Good luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Has been AlpineStars for me but been using Diagnose Torque and am now converted.

45/113deg that day at SMSP in Sydney, **** it was hot :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just ordered the A* SMX Plus Vented Black/White 45 - I'll update when they come in... Excited!
@able duc I have a wide foot and don't fit into the Dainese boots, my wife had to pry one off my foot last weekend trying them on in the D-Store!

·
Registered
204 Posts
yeah they are narrow

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well... I ended up ordering a 44 because I saw a couple reviews that said they run large... Bu!!$hit!!! They are true to size in my opinion. Now I have to hope and receive the 45 before Saturday, more stress I don't need. I should've gone with my gut! @dougo1199 - the Supertech R looks like an amazing boot, everyone loves them, I just don't need to spend that much for the 2-3 track events I'll likely do this year @DarR - I looked at Sidi's but they didn't have a white vented that compared in price to the A* SMX Plus Vented

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@Dingo I don't think I could have ever imagined beforehand what I have spent on gear, accessories and farkles on top of the bike's price.

·
Registered
439 Posts
A* SMX Plus for me but i want to try Sidi boots when its time for new boots again

While you are in Dallas and your bike is in the shop, you ought to drop in MotoLiberty. They are just off 635 where 35E and 635 intersect which is straight up 35E from AMS.

·
Registered
215 Posts
While you are in Dallas and your bike is in the shop, you ought to drop in MotoLiberty. They are just off 635 where 35E and 635 intersect which is straight up 35E from AMS.
Already planned on it! I've been to motoliberty quite a bit, all of my taichi gear comes from there, suit, gloves, jacket

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The A* SMX Plus Vented boots in White were a huge hit at the track! Several guys commented on wanting a vented boot - I'm glad I got them! They feel amazing, literally no break-in needed.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The A* SMX Plus Vented boots in White were a huge hit at the track! Several guys commented on wanting a vented boot - I'm glad I got them! They feel amazing, literally no break-in needed.
Do you have photos?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts