Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are you going to ride the Panigale down to NJMP, or trailer it? My profile pic is at the NJMP from a 2 day school I took there with YCRS. Recommend it highly.

How did you get the bike to the upstate track?
Rented a truck to get it to NYST. Now I'm part of a group of guys that own a van and am hooked up with them for transport. Truck I rented on far left... van I'm part of now on the right.

Reactions: PainCake and Pard

·
Registered
892 Posts
last sunday at NYST, wet all day except that last 2 sessions.
Yooo got pics of your van setup? How did you get everything to fit? Bike diagonally?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yooo got pics of your van setup? How did you get everything to fit? Bike diagonally?

Front tire goes in-between the seats slightly, there is actually a little dip that kinda acts like a chock once it is put in place and placed into gear. Great setup for someone that cant have a massive van or trailer!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hit NYST for the first time this season, I forgot how physical that place is, fantastic pavement as well. One lap video of my best of the day.

Interesting checking out all of my laps, basically my fastest had the least gear changes. 4th with +2T in the rear had enough torque for the entire middle 1/3 of the track which kept me smoother which = faster...who knew?!!

NYST 5-25 Uptown

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hit Pocono East this weekend and met up with forum member KarlKani and his Lady (shout out to Aussies!). Though the track was perhaps underwhelming, and hot as f&*X, we had a good time talking bikes.

@3.5m video of me wrastlin' with an R1, **** they are quick! My first try on him I had a good run and he just walked away. Our lines were very different and I'm not the guy that sticks his nose in out of frustration, I kept on trying different over/under moves on him until I made it stick after 5 laps of following him. Very satisfying.

KarlKani was also giving TwoUps all day, very impressive!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hit Pocono East this weekend and met up with forum member KarlKani and his Lady (shout out to Aussies!). Though the track was perhaps underwhelming, and hot as f&*X, we had a good time talking bikes.

@3.5m video of me wrastlin' with an R1, **** they are quick! My first try on him I had a good run and he just walked away. Our lines were very different and I'm not the guy that sticks his nose in out of frustration, I kept on trying different over/under moves on him until I made it stick after 5 laps of following him. Very satisfying.

KarlKani was also giving TwoUps all day, very impressive!

Good times!! That pic isn't showing up for some reason?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah, not sure why I can't upload a photo, tried multiple browsers...it's too good not to post!
I only use the tapatalk phone app to post photos, its the only way I can do it and have them be full size, instead of thumbnails you have to click on to view

·
Registered
110 Posts
Road america, big track, one of the most intimidating/scary/exhilarating things I've ever done.

Rode Novice since it was my first track day so no passing in corners. Turned out to be very frustrating since it appears that people are really good at buying liter bikes and turning their right wrist, but struggle to actually turn a motorcycle. This meant a tendency to get stuck behind people since you could only pass in the straights.

That being said when there was a clean run of corners, I have experienced few more satisfying things than picking a line, hitting your mark, feeling the suspension set, having this thing just STICK where you put it and then rolling on through the exit.

Video is from last session of the day, first half lap or so had to stay in line behind control rider and then the group was able to break up a little bit. As you can see I was being quite concerned with following etiquette to the letter of the law.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 120 Posts