Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Turned out to be very frustrating since it appears that people are really good at buying liter bikes and turning their right wrist, but struggle to actually turn a motorcycle.
I also ride a Ninja 250 in intermediate (because, well 250cc), where passing on the outside is allowed and one of the most satisfying things is to get walked on by literbikes at the start of a straight away, but then catch up and pass them all on the outside of the next corner. Rubber banding too strong.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nothing better than tracking down more powerful bikes, and huge respect for the <400cc guys swooping by me at will in surprising places.

Intermediate is a lot of fun, less dodgy than novice, and everyone usually plays nice. If you are not freaked by people popping on you a little unexpectedly than run in that group. Expert...it's like Mad Max out there, those dudes are pretty sick.

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah watching the advanced group was ridiculous. The term "reckless abandon" comes to mind.

My only concern with bumping up to intermediate is from what i've heard that is the group with the most riders and can lead to a crowded track. Once I was able to get to a straight where I could pass people it was an absolute blast having wide open corners until I caught up to the next rider. So a little torn on what to do for next months track day. (oh by the way, totally addicted now)

·
Registered
224 Posts
A real benefit to bumping up is watching people that are pretty good, once they get by just follow and see what they are doing, a great class in each session. If you are catching people rather than being passed then that is where you belong for sure!

Where I go I am finally a strong mid-packer, even though there may be a little traffic most of it is a fun tussle, sometimes pretty close, but everyone plays fair with minimal ego.

Here is a video of the last few laps of my last NYST visit, I never had clear track to get a good lap time but the experience of passing (and if you see my hand off the bar it is for wave by's) but chasing down a few people was a lot of fun and taught me not to fear different lines into corners.

NYST 7-21

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
@Kev242
That's really cool. Good riding.
How do you overlay the live data and map?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks DarR. I use a Moto-D Next Lap Timer and Race Render software.

The laptimer was easy to install, bought a RAM mount for my clutch side clipon for the main unit and the OBDII box sits on my ECU with the wire going to the tail under the seat to connect to the OBDII connector. A few tweaks to the setup of the laptimer and bingo, it has worked flawlessly.

Race Render just pulls all the data for the overlay, I find it best to sync the data and video to the start/finish of your first flying lap then you can fine tune the alignment of info.

The gear is calculated by audio in the clip (pretty cool feature) but throttle is pulled from the Analog 2 sensor.

My only gripe is the display in the Next is weak, pretty difficult if you want a quick glance at your last/best lap. I have seen the AIM Solo displays and very jealous of their size and readout.

If you really want to geek out use the RacePro software to check out your data, there is a ton of it available. Supposedly a lot of this can be mapped to Race Render too but I have had some difficulty with that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
great video, love the overlay with the data. Definitely more courage than I have right now, mainly because I don't have confidence in the riders around me not hitting me or doing something totally sketchy. However I'm sure I'll get there.

Reactions: Kev242

·
Registered
110 Posts
Crazy looking track, looks like you are wailing around some suburban area with the trees.
yeah pretty neat, was a little weird flying past a grain silo that is only off the track about 50 yards in turn 6

It was my first day at this track so still a lot of work to do. It was a blast but holy buckets is this one physically and mentally demanding, not much time straight up and down on the bike, just living life one corner at a time here lol.

Reactions: Kev242

·
Registered
31 Posts
Summit Point - Jefferson Circuit 9/29/19

My first Track Day. I probably would have got a bump up, if I asked after a few sessions with the Coaches. Was just out for fun. If the weather holds, going back for Summit Main 10/14/19.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Palm Beach International Raceway
10/06/2019
Fist time out with newly prepped bike and on a new to me track. It went OK.

t_bare

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Palm Beach International Raceway
10/06/2019
Fist time out with newly prepped bike and on a new to me track. It went OK.

t_bare
I remember that place when it was morrosso, turn 1/ drag strip staging area/ straight in to the canal... lol.... I hear it’s nice now, was quite sketchy back then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thunderhill east

We spent 3 days at Thunderhill East in Willows California late August.
Smokin hot weather with temps in the Mid 40's C
I like the Ridge in Washington but I luv T Hill

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
This Thread is dead and needs moar pictures! I know some of ya’ll been out and about since COVID started! Let’s see some!

Summit Main 12 JUNE 2020 MARRC

Summit Main 3 July 2020 Motorcycle Xcitement

-J:cool:

101 - 120 of 120 Posts