Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you all prepping your 959 for track days?

I'm doing one on Monday, and was thinking about the following:

1. Unplug front turn signals
2. Remove the bar end mirrors
3. Unplug the low beam bulbs
4. Unplug the rear turn signals
5. Unplug the rear brake light.

1 through 4 are straightforward since I have the nrc block off kit and fender eliminator, so I've already connected those before. But I'll need to locate the rear brake connector.

With this, the bright lights would still be active. But I'm assuming that wouldn't be problematic ..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Engine ice / water (some people mix the two together) to replace the stock coolant. Anti-freeze coolant on the track is bad.

Painter's tape for the headlights. : )

All tracks have different rules so it's best to check your track's specific requirements.

·
Registered
183 Posts
How are you all prepping your 959 for track days?

I'm doing one on Monday, and was thinking about the following:

1. Unplug front turn signals
2. Remove the bar end mirrors
3. Unplug the low beam bulbs
4. Unplug the rear turn signals
5. Unplug the rear brake light.

1 through 4 are straightforward since I have the nrc block off kit and fender eliminator, so I've already connected those before. But I'll need to locate the rear brake connector.

With this, the bright lights would still be active. But I'm assuming that wouldn't be problematic ..
Hey avigil,

For the rear lights, do I have to open my FEK unplug the lights and reattach the FEK? (sounds obvious but I forgot and want to cover my bases).

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Pull the fuse...

If you're worried about hitting any of those controls, I'd unplug the horn because that'll be about 50x more distracting than a rogue blinker lol

As mentioned, your track rules will vary as will the class you ride with.

Some rookie classes don't require coolant change or safety wiring.

Pretty much everyone does require headlight masking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts