Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine purchased a used 959 from a shop that is about 10 hours from him and is having issues.

The bike is having issues with abs and traction control.
First off the bike runs and rides fine if you turn off abs and traction control completely on the settings menu.
The bike will cut out badly if the traction control is turned up past 4 and will slightly on 1 or two.

It does not have any codes and I have checked wiring and the sensors don’t look bad it does read speed on the dash as I took off the rear speed sensor to check so it is reading.

My question is could this be a faulty front speed sensor without codes? The traction and abs lights do turn off after 5 mph as they should.

I’m left with thinking it’s
Faulty front speed sensor
Bad black box

Tire is causing the issue even though I hear guys
Running a 190/55 say it’s fine and I know the tire height is close to stock. He has corsa 2 tires.

I’m kinda at a loss as the closest Ducati dealer is 6 hours away.

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated!

This bike even cuts out a little with abs on and traction control off a little but is absolutely fine if you turn off everything in the settings menu.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Curious to see how this turns out, was thinking about going to a 190/55 RS-10 Rear with a 120/70 RS-10 Front combo to get away from the high priced Pirelli rubber. I'm guessing the TC won't really care as long as the diameters are similar. Let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem turned out to be the tire size. The bike is now perfect with the stock tire size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts