Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Got the tuneboy kit to do some mapping on the bike but can’t get any decent support. Bike has been in the shop for a month and get sporadic replies so I’m chasing some help if any others has similar issues.

Connected to the 2016 bike and did the first ecu map run. I think this is basically just to wipe the ecu or open it for editing. Anyway it worked and said turn bike off for 2 mins then restart.

Turned bike back on, waited for the cycle to finish then opened software again and it just keeps saying turn bike on/off and restart program.

Anyone had this and how did they overcome it?

Cheers
Viper

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was hoping someone may have done a bit with tuneboy but I guess not.

My ecu is currently “bricked” where tuneboy software won’t read the ecu after the first flash, can’t get stuff all support from tuneboy and no way of putting the ecu to standard to even start my bike and ride it or flash other tuning software to it.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I was hoping someone may have done a bit with tuneboy but I guess not.

My ecu is currently “bricked” where tuneboy software won’t read the ecu after the first flash, can’t get stuff all support from tuneboy and no way of putting the ecu to standard to even start my bike and ride it or flash other tuning software to it.
Ouch. I feel your pain. Given Tuneboy is in Oz, I would just send the ECU to them and see if they can un-brick it.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
That sucks! If you can't get in touch with Tuneboy and they aren't responding to your calls, that sucks 10x more!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He doesn’t have a phone number listed is another problem.

I found a number through google but just rings out.

I’ve emailed asking for a phone call to the shop doing the work.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'm adamantly in support of competition among vendors.
Service and communication is a big part of the value proposition.
Wayne at Tuneboy is perhaps a great guy (don't really know), but I do know that he doesn't communicate very well for whatever reason.
He could learn a lot from Rexxer and Rapidbike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts