Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Tuneboy mapping a 959, typical results?

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DarR 
#1 ·
'18 Panigale 959 here, stock exhaust and air filter. Am planning to have the ECU flashed with Tuneboy and have The Ducshop toss it on the dyno and map it.

With a stock setup, what kind of gains can one reasonably expect to see from an ECU flash and tune? I know that tuners and dynos are different... just wondering what the "realistic and typical" results tend to be...

Thanks!

#2 ·
i am curious to see what you get I havent really heard of anyone tuning a stock setup. Whats it going to cost you to do this? Is that money better spent on something else performance based?? They did create a custom tune for your setup in bologna. I mean wouldn't you want to at least put an air filter on it and then tune it?

#3 ·
I mean, I will probably throw on a BMC race filter or something, but I think that there are gains to be had with a stock system, just by getting rid of all the lean spots down low and in the mid range, plus getting the butterflies to open sooner and quicker, etc...

I am not expecting much of an increase in peak HP, but I think we can get some improvements lower in the rev range, smoother and more responsive, etc...

I was just hoping that someone had done it yet and to get an idea of how it went. Looking at $200 for the Tuneboy license for my ECU, and then probably $300 or so for dyno time...

#5 ·
I have found the stock tune to be flat and unresponsive with some serious surging going on when coming of the throttle. There are definitely gains to be made by getting a custom tune for your bike (as opposed to a generic one) even for stock equipment. You have to remember as well that the stock tune is made to be compliant with emissions regulations.

I am still unsure which to go for. A woolich or a Rapid bike Evo

#6 ·
Waiting to hear from Mark on when I can get in to get it flashed and tuned on the dyno.

Question, is there any benefit to using an aftermarket filter like the BMC or Sprint(the standard street model), versus using the stock filter and removing the metal screen to let it flow more, while keeping the OEM filtration?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.