Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the absence of a Panigale, would you choose to track a Monster 1200R or a Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
462 Posts
A lot of other non Ducati options. But if you want to stick with a duc, I took my multistrada on the track for a "taste of the track" and it was a ton of fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I took my multistrada on the track for a "taste of the track" and it was a ton of fun!
Cool.
I see you're riding on the stock Pirelli ST2.
How was the tire traction?
How about peg and center-stand clearance?

The Multistrada is deceptively fast and nimble. I have a feeling you embarrassed a lot of riders!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a monster 1200R and expect it would be great on the track but wouldn’t have it as a dedicated track bike.

I'm with you on that one. I wish I could have kept the Pani as a track-only but sacrifices had to be made.
Both the Monster and Multi will see the track for fun.
It's great to read various opinions. Keep-em coming.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Did you sell your 959?

Never ridden a Multistrada, but I see more Monsters on the track than Multistradas.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you sell your 959?

Never ridden a Multistrada, but I see more Monsters on the track than Multistradas.

Hi Doug, unfortunately traded it with my wife's CBR300R which she no longer rides. Needed something good for two up and panniers for the occasional weekend getaway.Speaking of getaways, I'm in Colorado right now driving to MOAB Utah. I drove through your neighborhood on Cincinnati Rd and Hwy 42 south.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Hi Doug, unfortunately traded it with my wife's CBR300R which she no longer rides. Needed something good for two up and panniers for the occasional weekend getaway.Speaking of getaways, I'm in Colorado right now driving to MOAB Utah. I drove through your neighborhood on Cincinnati Rd and Hwy 42 south.
I see! Superbikes are not much fun unless you're hard at it!

Nice!! Hopefully you didn't have to cross the bridge (I-75) into Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see! Superbikes are not much fun unless you're hard at it!

Nice!! Hopefully you didn't have to cross the bridge (I-75) into Kentucky.

The Pani was fun. No issues. I just had too much invested in the Monster at this time. I may get another Panigale in a few years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts