Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

PX'd my 959 for a 1299S recently, which already had the Akra belly cans on it, so have taken mine off the 959 and are offering them for sale here (cos Ebay won't let me sell them!)

Like new condition, come with the link pipe and two springs to secure the cans to said link pipe.

Remap is not necessary. Also have the different lower fairing panels we need here in the UK to fit the cans.

If anyone is interested, let me know and we'll talk money/postage etc

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do you have a wind screen to sell?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey TylerBertie, these cans still for sale? I'm from the UK but moved to work over in Spain and have a white 959.

I've been after some Akras for a while along with the lower fairing, how much are you asking for them? Postage may be a bit of an arse but we can figure that out.

Will they fit straight onto my EU 959 without any other changes / parts required?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey TylerBertie, these cans still for sale? I'm from the UK but moved to work over in Spain and have a white 959.

I've been after some Akras for a while along with the lower fairing, how much are you asking for them? Postage may be a bit of an arse but we can figure that out.

Will they fit straight onto my EU 959 without any other changes / parts required?
Hey buddy, the underslung Akras require different belly pan fairings, which I do have but unfortunately they're red, not white! Brand new they cost about £400 from Ducati, but obviously you can pick them up cheaper on Ebay. They're literally the same as the 1299/US Spec 959 fairings

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much to the us? 07508 postal code
Hey man, it'll cost me about £30GBP to send to the US, but consider it included as part of the price. I'm looking for somewhere around £1300 for them (not sure what that is in your currency)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey buddy, the underslung Akras require different belly pan fairings, which I do have but unfortunately they're red, not white! Brand new they cost about £400 from Ducati, but obviously you can pick them up cheaper on Ebay. They're literally the same as the 1299/US Spec 959 fairings
Thanks for the reply dude. I have a completely stock EU 959. If I buy these what else apart from the fairing would I need to fit it? You said it comes with a link pipe but I haven't done too much research about what else would be required. Do I need a "Y" pipe? Why no upmap needed? Finally, is this the 'racing' one (not street legal, which gives HP gains apparently).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply dude. I have a completely stock EU 959. If I buy these what else apart from the fairing would I need to fit it? You said it comes with a link pipe but I haven't done too much research about what else would be required. Do I need a "Y" pipe? Why no upmap needed? Finally, is this the 'racing' one (not street legal, which gives HP gains apparently).
No worries pal. To answer all your questions:
1. Only fairings in terms of modifications, because the standard belly pan fairings are shaped differently thanks to the huge collector on the stock system.
2. My bits for sale are the parts from a full system which I don't need. I spoke to my Ducati dealer who informed me that the link pipe (or Y pipe) that is included in this sale will fit either a 959 or 1299, according to his parts list and diagram.
3. I do have an upmap key which has the performance map on it, which I was going to keep for use on my 1299 but I'll probably have the ECU flashed instead as I want to fiddle about with other bits and pieces in the ECU
4. These cans are the same style as the US spec exhaust. I think Akra claim something like 7% midrange gains in HP and torque, and about 2kg in weight reduction. They also sound sweet! They're 'not road legal', but I was never pulled over with the full system or anything, so I'll leave that one up to you!

One other thing to mention, due to how these mount onto the bike under the engine, I'm not too sure whether there are brackets under the engine that the cans bolt on to, or whether these were part of the full system. I know where those brackets would and should be on the bike, I'm just not certain on whether they're on the bike when you buy it, if you know what I mean?

(Sorry for the massive read by the way, just trying to give you all the info I can!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
No problem - thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I just want to make sure that if I buy these, they'll fit the bike!

I called my local dealer and here's what I found out, I've posted it on here just in case it helps anyone else in the future. Anyone else reading, please feel free to chime in / correct if needed. The Akro kit only comes in titanium, and comes with:

Right silencer, left silencer (both silences form the 'assembly kit'), left heat guard, right heat guard, small parts kit (can buy this separately), link pipe, exhaust spring, cap connector (where you unplug the servo motor), a 'horseshoe' or "H" bracket (I think this is the bracket that you were talking about).

Also, to sell the upmap, the stick needs to be plugged into the bike and taken off the bike (by the dealer in the case of the 1299 or 959. On the 1199 the user could do it themselves) so it can be re-used. If this isn't done, the stick is basically useless as the upmap will still be registered to the original bike.

So, a few more questions (sorry for the long post)

- Has the upmap key been removed from the old bike so it can be re-used?
- Does the kit you're selling contain the H bracket you were mentioning? It comes with the kit, it's not fitted on the bike as standard
- How about the cap connector and heat guards?
- Can you take a few pics? :)

Cheers!

James

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey James, thanks for the info from your dealer, no doubt it'll help people other than myself!

But yes, the upmap was removed from my 959 so is good to be used, it has the performance map on it. Cap connector is included, in terms of heat guards are you referring to the carbon fibre covers on the front of the cans? If you are, then yes they're also included. The H bracket, annoyingly, was NOT removed from my 959 prior to trade-in, which is the only problem. I highly doubt either Ducati or Akrapovic are willing to part with a single bracket, but I'll ask my dealer the question anyway. It wouldn't be a big job to have one fabricated, but it is an arse ache for either myself or a buyer. Having said that, I'd let the cans go for £1000 + postage worldwide, so for the price of having a new little bracket made it would still be near enough £1500 saved.

I'll throw some pictures up for you tomorrow, light is starting to fade here now. They were immaculate until my wonderful step-dad tried being helpful, they've got a couple scratches on them from where he bloody dropped them, but it's nothing that would jump out at you in my opinion. For me it just seems a waste to have a spare set of cans kicking around when someone could enjoy them, you know? I'll whack those pictures up tomorrow bud.

Tyler

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a heads-up, on eBay are some brackets that have come from 899/1199s, which are exactly the same as those for the Akrapovic system! I'm going to purchase one, so there is a full kit for any buyer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just a heads-up, on eBay are some brackets that have come from 899/1199s, which are exactly the same as those for the Akrapovic system! I'm going to purchase one, so there is a full kit for any buyer
Nice dude, got a link? I'd like to buy if it has the bracket :) Okay to continue this in PM?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice dude, got a link? I'd like to buy if it has the bracket :) Okay to continue this in PM?
I've just bought a bracket, should be with me Tuesday/Wednesday. Absolutely mate, chuck a PM my way :smile2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, I can't PM until 15 posts apparently! So I've just copied and pasted what I was going to send you in here, we'll get there eventually! :D

Thanks for looking into the bracket things. I'm definitely interested in the Akras - would be great to get rid of the EU silencers on the bike, as much as I love the bike the exhaust just doesn't do it justice in it's current form.

Few Qs: Would you be okay with PayPal - I'm happy to absorb the fees, I'm more interested in their buyer protection. Also how come eBay wouldn't let you list it? Finally, the bracket you got, can you link me to the eBay page? Want to send it to a friend who has knowledge on these things - I can change the chain on my bike but that's it!

Apart from those 3 things and the pics, I think that's all I'd need :wink2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, I can't PM until 15 posts apparently! So I've just copied and pasted what I was going to send you in here, we'll get there eventually! :D

Thanks for looking into the bracket things. I'm definitely interested in the Akras - would be great to get rid of the EU silencers on the bike, as much as I love the bike the exhaust just doesn't do it justice in it's current form.

Few Qs: Would you be okay with PayPal - I'm happy to absorb the fees, I'm more interested in their buyer protection. Also how come eBay wouldn't let you list it? Finally, the bracket you got, can you link me to the eBay page? Want to send it to a friend who has knowledge on these things - I can change the chain on my bike but that's it!

Apart from those 3 things and the pics, I think that's all I'd need :wink2:
Hey bud, Paypal would be fine, I understand you want some protection. My eBay only allows up to £600 worth of stuff to be listed per month cos I hardly use it, so I couldn't list them for what I wanted for them. I'll link you to an identical one buddy, it literally bolts on the front of the bottom of the engine block. I'll show you where tomorrow matey, I'm fitting my full Akra system at the moment so it's a good opportunity.

Link: DUCATI PANIGALE 1199 2013 EXHAUST BRACKET / BREAKING/ PARTS/OE

I'll post some pics on here of the cans and the bracket positioning tomorrow :smile2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice, thanks. Although someone's trying to jump in with a sneaky PM, please bear in mind I can pay - just want to see the pics first ;-)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice, thanks. Although someone's trying to jump in with a sneaky PM, please bear in mind I can pay - just want to see the pics first ;-)
No worries mate, the pictures I took on my phone are too large to be uploaded here, you got an email I can sling them through to?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts