Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having this weird issue for a while.

It only seems to happen very infrequently which makes it even hard to figure out what's going on.

Essentially I'll be riding along, it seems to normally happen under reasonably hard excelleration. Normally above 2nd gear I'll go to up shift and it's like there is no next gear. Shifter goes up, QS cuts engine assuming it will hit the next gear. Shifter hits the top of the stroke and nothing. Just stays in the same gear. But because the QS had cut the engine momentarely and it goes back into the same gear it's rather jerky. Hard to explain, but imagine riding at around 40mph pulling in the clutch and then dumping it straight away. Kinda giving me the shits

Had the dealer look at it today and they said the shift rod shaft probably needed some adjustment and a bit of lube.... Tried this and no fix.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's rather odd.. After the fix didn't work, what were their thoughts on that ? Surely they will need to be able to figure that out ?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
That's happened to me 1 or 2 times... because I was trying to POUND the **** out the motor and either limp shifted without realizing or the bike not being warmed up completely

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's happened to me a few times when pushing my bike pretty hard. I attributed it to me limp dicking the lever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts