Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both bikes would be purchased used not new and would be 80/20 track/street. Thoughts on these two options given the Corse is about $3k-4k less than a V2 right now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not a lot of aftermarket support for the V2 right now, but that will change soon now that it has been approved to race in supersport for WSBK and Moto America. You couldn't go wrong with either one, and I doubt you'll be faster on one vs the other.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do you want color graphics or color display? 'bout the only difference.

t_bare

·
Registered
10 Posts
These do not differ much. They are essentially the same bike. The V2 has the single sided swingarm, colour display and that should be the only differences. If you can afford the V2 sure, if you are going to track the bike, save yourself some $$$'s and get the 959, use the change for mods.

·
Registered
260 Posts
These do not differ much. They are essentially the same bike. The V2 has the single sided swingarm, colour display and that should be the only differences. If you can afford the V2 sure, if you are going to track the bike, save yourself some $$$'s and get the 959, use the change for mods.
There are some differences in the electronics, the V2 has the V4 based Continental 6 axis IMU electronics where the 959 has Mitsubishi electronics from the 899.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I firmly believe that you should learn how to ride at the track without all these new rider aids which I've been doing but just like on the street sometimes mistakes happen on the track e.g. coming into a corner too fast or some idiot in front of you suddenly braking mid turn. For those instances I'm thinking the new electronics could save you from folding the front and high siding. That's what they're designed to do. I think of it like a steering damper, you shouldnt need it or notice it but if you do need it and dont have it you could be screwed. If it makes you more comfortable, confident and safe than why not?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Both bikes would be purchased used not new and would be 80/20 track/street. Thoughts on these two options given the Corse is about $3k-4k less than a V2 right now.
I have the 16’ 959 and added Nitron suspension and did a tune with my racing exhaust. That makes it better then the stock Corse IMO. Custome racing fairings and paint.
Tire Sports uniform Wheel Helmet Sports gear

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
80% track and 20% street?

First, I’d just get on with making it a dedicated track bike.

Second, I’d go for the Corse thus leaving yourself some financial breathing room for extra tires, protection, spare hand and foot controls and maybe a second set of track fairings.

Good luck and let us know how you get along.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lawson, Roberts , Hayden, Rossi the list goes on and on and they all started on dirt. I went to Kenny Roberta house as a young teen to train. For the first 2 weeks did nothing but dirt track lap after lap it became clear that when you enjoy and are good at sliding on dirt doing so in pavement makes you able to not only ride the edge but stand on it and jump up and down like a boss.
The bikes today are electronic marvels that have thousands of possible variations in settings anti everything is even possible but to go fast consistently you imho learn the dirt track first and in doing so the pavement stuff will come naturally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts