Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Have a race seat for sale? I am interested.
When I was looking for one this guy hit me up and said he had one after I had already gotten mine, I hit him just now to see if it is still available. obaa996 on ducatiforum.com
I will let you know when I hear back, peace

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I was looking for one this guy hit me up and said he had one after I had already gotten mine, I hit him just now to see if it is still available. obaa996 on ducatiforum.com
I will let you know when I hear back, peace
Thanks!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found one that is new for $244. Looking for a better price on a used one if possible.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Found one that is new for $244. Looking for a better price on a used one if possible.
Mine was 200 shipped, used a couple times. I am just waiting for this guy to hit me back with a price, he said he still has it and wants to sell it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
@Pard this guy got back to me he wants 225 plus shipping. seems a touch high, I told him what I paid on the same site for a similar condition seat, we will see what he says.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Received and installed the race seat.

Nice upgrade.

You sit higher, so if you tuned aftermarket rearsets for your liking, the seat will alter that geometry.

I find the seat does not slope towards the nose of the bike as does the standard seat, it is flat, and this reduces pressure on the hands during steady state riding. Better ergonomics for me.

Under braking, the grip on the seat is significantly better, which also reduces pressure on the wrists. Combined with tank pads, I no longer am thinking about aftermarket clip ons to adjust handle bar geometry.

This seat is a must for 959 riders who want less forward tilt from their seat compared to stock, who want more grip from their seat surface, and want to reduce some pressure off the wrists.

Recommended upgrade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is good information. Could you share the link from where you bought this seat. I ride 35 miles a day so this seat might help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is not available anymore. I am getting Comfort for $260 and Race for $280.
I will look for few days if I could get it cheaper else will buy one of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts