Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my clutch slave to clean the gunk in the anti-rotation insert.

After re-installing the slave, since my sprocket cover was already removed, I decided to wash my sprocket.

So I gently sprayed some water from a hose on the sprocket.

Ar this point I noticed an iridescent rainbow color on my driveway.

So now I'm concerned; since the sprocket cover was off, could water have made its way past the anti-rotation insert and into the clutch control rod?

The oil window shows a narrow film of clear liquid on top of the oil, I'm not sure if that was there before. I'm also not sure if water from the control rod would make it's way to the window.

Is there a test for water in oil?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks dude, I really hope I'm being paranoid.

Given the following information, do you still stand by your comment?
  • Picture #1 - shows the clutch slave after the hose incident. The only seal is that anti-rotation insert, which appears to be made of nylon.
  • Picture #2 - shows the metal mudflap after I removed the clutch slave. Red arrow points to a water spot.
  • Picture #3 - shows the oil indicator window. I tried to capture the translucent liquid layer on top of the oil. I looked through old photos and I don't see this translucent layer in the old photos, but I also wasn't looking for it at the time. Does this layer exist on your bike?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Vehicle

Bicycle part Rim Crankset Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part

Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive tire Rim

·
Super Moderator
314 Posts
Yes, you'll be fine. The medal thing is there to protect your engine cases from damage incase the chain breaks and wraps around the counter sprocket. The seal is behind that, because if there wasn't a seal you'd leak oil everywhere through your clutch rod.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, you'll be fine. The medal thing is there to protect your engine cases from damage incase the chain breaks and wraps around the counter sprocket. The seal is behind that, because if there wasn't a seal you'd leak oil everywhere through your clutch rod.
Thank you thank you!

You are welcome to come clean my bikes. That is freaking clean!

t_bare
Much appreciated!

It's a once-every-four-years ordeal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts