Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Just thought i would post about my troubles. Noticed a coolant leak on the left hand side of the block, between the V in line with the electrical covers.

Only checked this due to my friends 899 leaking and getting a new water pump. Turns out mine is the same issue and is now getting parts replaced.

Would urge people to check to as this is apparently a common(ish) issue on the 899 and 1299.

Anyway, should have it back soon for more lovely British winter time.

Cheers all.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Hi @Tony156 - how many miles do you currently have on the clock?
I was looking at the service manual and have a hard time seeing (on the 959) where the water pump leaking would cause fluid in the section you mention, mainly because the pump is inside the casing of the clutch cover. Have you found exactly where the leak is coming from?

·
Registered
892 Posts
The weep passage is carried over to the left side of the engine.

Coolant Leak

Mine is still leaking, probably going to take it back to the dealer again. They initially said there was no problems but to keep an eye on it. Now that my bike has more history and the leak persists, maybe they'll look more closely into it.
@Tony156 how much coolant was leaking on yours?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike has covered about 1200 miles, so barely worn in.

The leakage was only minimal really, small amount and probably nothing to worry about. However on a brand new bike only a few months old there should be no leaks and it's not right.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bike has covered about 1200 miles, so barely worn in.

The leakage was only minimal really, small amount and probably nothing to worry about. However on a brand new bike only a few months old there should be no leaks and it's not right.

Its not right, but luck of the draw. This problem has been well documented.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts