Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Brought her home before the bomb cyclone hit, my hands are like silk after all of the Honda Spray Cleaner I just used.

MOTO-D lapt timer (not sure I like the position, probably going to tuck it away on the frame) and DID 520 45T sprocket (gold chain...bling bling!) also on.

New shoes, fluids, re-torque and waiting for the salt and gravel to wash away.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Installed NRC rear fender eliminator, NRC mirror block off turn signals, Pro Grip 717 grips, RhinoMoto bar ends, CRG arrow mirrors and the Ducati single seat cover.

So much more to install still, but wanted to get out and ride today!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Received my Panigale from the shop with a new OEM front master cylinder today. Test ride revealed much improved feel and no sponginess. More miles of testing to come, but if you are bothered by a spongy lever, you may want to try a new master.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New dash

Bought a new 1199s dash , it’s a simple change over, it does show an error readout but it’s a small price to pay and the different dash is amazing. Dash cost me $300.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Great price on a used unit here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292474068819?ul_noapp=true

I contacted the owner and he responded:
"Yes am the original owner. Mileage is 10331miles, perfect working condition. Only small melt in the top portion(on the inside)"

I bought it and will let you guys know how it went. This forum has a way of making me spend money :wink2:

The only issues reported about compatibility, as far as my research has determined, is the inability to turn off the yellow error light and the inability to display true total mileage. It starts counting from where the display left off. This will affect count down to service as well.

Video of somebody's conversion result:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Found this video which shows ( on a 1299 but should be close enough for the 959 ) what needs to be done to remove the nose fairing and gain access to the dashboard.

One bolt above the fender under the nose, and two inside the fairing, one on each side to be removed. Disconnect mirror wiring. Should be simple enough.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Bought a new 1199s dash , it’s a simple change over, it does show an error readout but it’s a small price to pay and the different dash is amazing. Dash cost me $300.
Any additional observations or things to report about this mod? I am going to start another thread on this particular experiment. Please chime in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Exhaust, filter, levers, and radiator guards installed. Midway through installing the Rapid Bike. Taking our sweet sweet time. Everything is so much complicated on these bikes, and Italian instructions suck so bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Picked up brand spankin new red 959 from the dealer this morning and rode it home. Busy schedule meant no more riding for the day but I did manage to squeeze in the throttle mod, installed spools, swapped out the levers for adjustable shortys, tank grips added and passenger pegs removed. T-Rex sliders should go on tomorrow and a Motodynamic fender eliminator on Friday once my smaller-sized clear turn signals turn up. Probably no more riding until then to allow the tank grip adhesive plenty of time to cure.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts